Mold and mildew Guarantee?

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
How would you respond to the following
"I’m also allergic to mold. How can I be sure there will be no mold problems after steam cleaning the carpet?

Do you warranty your work? Please elaborate."

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Sounds like a problem waiting to happen to me.

How do you know she doesn't have a mold problem now that you are getting ready to become responsible for?

In 15 years I have never been asked that question.

Not sure I would do that job fir them I would really have to need it to do it. I think it's going to open a can of worms personally

Reactions: Weebco

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can't mold is ubiquitous, it's everywhere. You can do many things to lower the levels but as soon as you open a window or door the air space counts are going to be elevated again.

Cleaning would only cause problems if you have extended dry times, so reduce the dry times and you shouldn't have an issue.

I also would not have him indoors while the cleaning is taking place, just in case he is sensitive enough that the cleaning would cause some spores to irritate him.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
well to begin with mold needs an organic food source to grow. Carpet is made out of plastics that are extruded into yarn. This makes it nearly impossible for mold to grow on carpets. It can grow on the backing if organic material is pressent and it can grow on contaminants in the carpet.

My answer would include that mold will not grow on carpet fibers and our process is designed to clean fibers of the carpet and not saturate the backing. With proper ventilation the carpets should dry in xxxxxx This environment is not one that promotes mold growth and that is why the manufactures of carpet recommend they are cleaned the way I do it. As far as a guarantee, sure I will guarantee mold will not grow on the fibers of the carpet when I am finished cleaning.

Probably more to the story though. They either already have an issue or have been educated by another company that cleans differently how it could cause mold. Or could be a competitor shopping you

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Likely a customer that has viewed the old _ _ _ _ dry commercials where there is a wand pushing water at 1500 psi with 20 flow jets not hooked up to suction spraying water 1' in the air - or some other version of a dry or low moisture cleaners scare tactic the world will end if you use a steam cleaning firm to clean your carpets ad.

1) Identify - Ask why they are concerned about this
2) Address the concern
3) Educate them

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
As a low moisture cleaner i get an awfull lot of clients that search me out because they have had bad expierences with steam cleaners or as they say them guys that just spray water on the carpet.Their decision to avoid steam cleaners comes from bad expieriences which can be many and not from some add they read. Consumers are a lot smarter than many think.

As indyallpro suggested 1) 2) 3)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For once I agree with you........that's why HWE is by far the most popular cleaning method with consumers.

Amazingly sometimes you are right Mardie.....but then again so is a broken clock (twice a day)! :lol:

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
And I told this customer that they should have confidence in me because they read the reviews on Angie's list all of them positive A's all 59 reviews

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good idea Gary, while I'm sure there are hacks that keep Mardie in business most of us are not hacks, we don't have issues with mold related to carpet cleaning. Now saying that there is an obligation of drying for any one putting any moisture into the carpet. Rentals and vacant jobs need airflow to dry, closing them up tight with no air movement is a recipe for disaster. Make sure any jobs that are cleaned have some air movement until dry......that will keep the Mardies of the world at bay! ; )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom