Mold in my van!!!

The weather here in Memphis TN has been very rainy and humid the last few weeks. I mean I haven't been able to cut my lawn in three weeks. The van my legend is in has been used very little the last few weeks. We used it Monday night and everything seemed fine. Well this morning I get in and crank it up and notcie mold on the floor. Then I start looking around and there is mold everywhere. It is raining today as well. What should I do?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Call Service Master!

:lol:

Just kidding... Clean it put & hit it with some microban? Ask Chavez...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you're seeing it on plastic or metal surfaces there might be enough settled dust to provide a food source. No need to go nuclear on it, just wipe everything down using a household cleaner. Even though mold won't eat plastics, get on it right away because it can permanently discolor things like seats and seatbelts.

I did a job with the van Monday night and the heat from the truckmount with the high humidity levels, possible moisture in the van, and leaving it completley closed up for several days caused mold to explode. So I spent 5 hours today completley detailing and sterillizing my van. :mrgreen: From now on when I clean my van out I will leave a fan in the van overnight with the windows cracked.

ken horvath

You may also want to treat any areas in which mold grew with "Mold Control". You can buy it at Home Depot. Kills the mold without oxidation or toxic chemical residue. May help to deter future growth in those areas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shouldn't be a big deal.

But you do have the perfect environment for mold growth, dark, damp, no air flow and dirt, dust, as a food source.

Dehumidifier would take care of it, but increased air flow from an airmover would probably prevent it also!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom