Moldy painted shower ceiling..

Mikey P

Administrator
I've never dealt with painted ceilings before, what's your fix? photo(1).JPGimage(1).jpeg

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Lysol, bleach, ammonia-quat, vol40. Take your pick.

Then wipe off. Maybe need new paint with better sealer.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Depends on the extent of the what's behind it.

Containment, negative air, removal of drywall and any insulation, HEPA vac whole area, possible sanding of boards behind it, sealing of boards, wet clean/wipe down walls, floors, horizontal surfaces inside containment. HEPA vac again. Replace drywall and insulation then install an exhaust fan to help prevent to problem in the future.

Or you could do something peroxide based and spray some BIN or Kilz. But if the back of the drywall is affected, you're liable in the future.

Mikey P

Administrator
Depends on the extent of the what's behind it.

Containment, negative air, removal of drywall and any insulation, HEPA vac whole area, possible sanding of boards behind it, sealing of boards, wet clean/wipe down walls, floors, horizontal surfaces inside containment. HEPA vac again. Replace drywall and insulation then install an exhaust fan to help prevent to problem in the future.

Or you could do something peroxide based and spray some BIN or Kilz. But if the back of the drywall is affected, you're liable in the future.

I see very very little mold and showers around here dude or ultra dry climate as actually quite surprised to see it in this house I would bet that it'll wipe right off a little bleach or peroxide that the prior owner was not opening the vent or running the window

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I see very very little mold and showers around here dude or ultra dry climate as actually quite surprised to see it in this house I would bet that it'll wipe right off a little bleach or peroxide that the prior owner was not opening the vent or running the window
It is rare. Only in flooded house. Even a very old home where ventilation is really bad, you'll see mold every where even on the driest day.

Name
Matt Ross
90 percent of shower ceilings are like that here were I live. It rains 100 + inches a year so it's very common. Dehumidifier, PPE, wipe with bleach or whatever you want. Re seal with kilz and paint.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
still wear ppe even if you're spray n wiping then painting

I lived in a mouldy house for bout 6 months if I walk in 1 now I start coughing almost straight away. Think my lungs are sensitised to it now.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom