Moments of Truth

Jamesh921

Name
James
I've heard the term referenced in many posts, but I can't remember ever hearing anyone giving an example of one (or any) of their "Moments of Truth".

Please feel free to tell us what exactly a "Moment of Truth" is.

James

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When the customer opens the door and sees a uniformed, clean cut Techinician NOT crowding the door with a friendly smile.

There are sooooo many more...but you get the idea.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
The term is used a lot by Steve T. during SFS. Positive moments of truth are the good things you do on a job that a customer would take notice of. Booties, corner protectors, vacuuming, clean cut techs, clean truck, wiping baseboards, lots of stuff. Negative mot should be non existent.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Great concept from Steve Toburen.

It just puts a label on what happens at every job.

You put down a walk off mat.....positive moment of truth
You don't and the customer falls....Negative moment of truth.

The concept is simple but when you put it into these terms...it makes you think of them.... and paying attention to them helps you correct them if they need correcting.

I believe it was something like it takes 20 POSITIVE moments of truth to make up for just 1 NEGATIVE moment of truth.

I'm sure Steve can help out on this one...and I'm sure he has a link for you to follow. !gotcha!

Oh what the heck...here ya go

http://sfs.jondon.com/7210/resources/qu ... s-of-truth

Brian Robison
www.networkhomeservices.com

PS. Oh great, I've turned into "Mini-Steve" :shock:

Name
Nate W.
How does this pertain to marketing? I'm getting tired of seeing posts that shouldn't have been moved.... Fkn Noob Mods..... shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:oops:
This pertains to making more money. shiteatinggrin

With that said, positive moments of truth are huge for marketing.
Remember, you want the home owner's friends and family to call you as well right?

Not to mention you want the home owner to call you again...and again etc.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Nate The Great said:
How does this pertain to marketing?

If you think Booties, corner protectors, vacuuming, clean cut techs, clean truck and wiping baseboards are not marketing you have a lot to learn.

Name
Nate W.
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="Nate The Great":v16901np]How does this pertain to marketing?

If you think Booties, corner protectors, vacuuming, clean cut techs, clean truck and wiping baseboards are not marketing you have a lot to learn.[/quote:v16901np]

Nope, I was taught to clean that way. I thought everybody does that?!? I guess pops set the bar a lot higher then most! The OG poster asked what moments of truths was. I highly doubt he wanted it in the room that doesn't get viewed much.....er I mean MMM room or Brian's room. :twisted:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
A positive moment of truth is when you don't gawk at the nude photos of the wife in the master bedroom, or their cute high school daughters' senior pictures. I would be lying if I said I never did that, and it only took once to get caught. :oops:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the one Steve tells of two airline pilots, walking in the airport in their dress blues. They are immaculate, perfect creases in pants and shirt, perfect stride when they walk and just before they board the plane they begin to play grab as with each other.

A negative moment of truth, while they looked the part, their dress and manor instilled confidence, their behavior said something different.

You can do the same with your tech's, dress them in the nicest uniforms, equip them with a new van and TM, but if they get caught playing grab ass on the front porch, all that you did to create a Positive Moment Of Truth turned into a negative one. :shock:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Doc Holliday said:
I like the one Steve tells of two airline pilots, walking in the airport in their dress blues. They are immaculate, perfect creases in pants and shirt, perfect stride when they walk and just before they board the plane they begin to play grab as with each other.

A negative moment of truth, while they looked the part, their dress and manor instilled confidence, their behavior said something different.

You can do the same with your tech's, dress them in the nicest uniforms, equip them with a new van and TM, but if they get caught playing grab ass on the front porch, all that you did to create a Positive Moment Of Truth turned into a negative one. :shock:

Wow, Richard. I've taught too many SFS seminars. (I think we are getting close to 100!) I don't remember telling the story that way but with you in the class as a bad influence egging me on it sounds like the sort of thing I would have said!

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Good to see you on here. I hope you and the family are holding up OK.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ooops sorry to put words in your mouth. :oops:

Hey but then can I have credit for it? :mrgreen:

P.S.
Steve
Doing as good as we can, we just have to keep moving forward.

You've experienced several losses in the past few years, you know how it is, emotion and tears are only skin deep.

It's going to be tough for a while, but I've found I'm best being busy here at work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom