Money to be made in natural...

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
you're pretty hi-strung, Jr

Threads often stray from the main point.
you're making more out of Steveo's comments than are there
Take a deep breath, get you an iced tea and chill a sec

Luv
Uncle Lar 😉
I don't take well to lying and manipulation Unc. This guy is grooming me a newcomer to do it on the job, in situations where innocent and potentially naive customers are the victim of it.

I'll chill out though. It's tea time. Thanks.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I have 1 customer who has major sensitivity to products that cause migraines. I think most of it is in her paranoia, but that's not for me to criticize or even disagree.

So I have one product I use for this type of sensitivity.

Sodium carbonate/washing soda. It doesn't cause her migraine to start at all, so I just tell her what's there after I'm finished cleaning is the best I can do with the treatment I use. I'm not worried about the carpet looking picture worthy. I'm not really worried about losing her as a customer either beacuase it's not big money either. So 1 out of over 2k customers I have really doesn't matter.

So just get some washing soda and they'll be happy

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
I have 1 customer who has major sensitivity to products that cause migraines. I think most of it is in her paranoia, but that's not for me to criticize or even disagree.

Sodium carbonate/washing soda. It doesn't cause her migraine to start at all, so I just tell her what's there after I'm finished cleaning is the best I can do with the treatment I use. I'm not worried about the carpet looking picture worthy. I'm not really worried about losing her as a customer either beacuase it's not big money either. So 1 out of over 2k customers I have really doesn't matter.

Good man Matt. Well.., some of my faith has been restored in the industry.

Thank you.

they live

Name
Steve

So you use chemicals lol.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

they live

Name
Steve
I don't take well to lying and manipulation Unc. This guy is grooming me a newcomer to do it on the job, in situations where innocent and potentially naive customers are the victim of it.

I'll chill out though. It's tea time. Thanks.
Rookies got sold on marketing and knows more than me now.
Who is manipulating who?
Me not using the word chemical is not lying lol.

they live

Name
Steve
I shall repeat .
you're making more out of Steveo's comments than are there

..L.T.A.
When I took a Bane class they kept saying chemicals and it drove me nuts lol. It has such a negative notion even though everything is a chemical.
Human emotions are a trip.

they live

Name
Steve
A customer found us that has chemical sensitivity. She asked if we could clean her carpets and upholstery using 100% natural chemistry. Then she proceeded to tell me that she has wall to wall wool carpeting with organic padding underneath. I said sure no problem, you found the right people.

It was a $600 job we priced well. I informed her up front we'd have limited capabilities with spot and stain removal using natural methods but we'll give it our best shot. She was happy with it all. Turned out great too.

I don't advertise natural cleaning because we don't solely use natural cleaners, actually we use them very little compared to more effective stuff we have. I've also found that some people are triggered by the idea of natural and organic stuff. So we elude to it with the wording on our website and other platforms, our logo points to it too. People who want it find us. How do you guys handle these kind of requests when you get them? Tell em to piss off, lie to them and use synthetic chemicals, or go for it like we do with truly natural cleaning agents like Carpet Details with peroxide as a spotter?View attachment 127803
I read this again.

You admit to manipulative marketing practices yet call me a liar lol.

FredC

Village Idiot
Bryce,

In the interest of honesty shouldn't this:

"With years of experience as professional cleaners, a genuine love of the craft, extensive knowledge of cleaning techniques and chemistry, "

say this instead:

"Porty hacks just starting out with very limited experience, equipment, and training willing to learn on your carpet and upholstery"

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Bryce,

"With years of experience as professional cleaners, a genuine love of the craft, extensive knowledge of cleaning techniques and chemistry, "

say this instead:

"Porty hacks just starting out with very limited experience, equipment, and training willing to learn on your carpet and upholstery"

Brutle..lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Uh oh....
Jr, if you're going to dog others for being deceptive, make sure yo chit don't stink 😉

1720713909309.png

..L.T.A.

Reactions: they live

they live

Name
Steve
I worked for some chemwho franchises back in the late 80s. The owner of chemwho supposedly said his worse mistake in naming the company was using the word chem in the name. I never forgot that. It's a negative term in cleaning. As a janitor I knew it was a negative phrase. Cleaning helicopters not so much lol. Solvents were more commonly used though.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
BTW, don't disappear
as a Pissy Pig Farmer once said to me 20 years ago

"we all wear our butts on our shoulders at times"

..L.T.A.

Wise words from the Sage of the South

I too have made that exchange upon my shoulders too many times to number

It teaches humility and forgiveness

Thanks Uncle Larry (and Marty)

• Love
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
Bryce,

say this instead:

Fred,

If you are to live up to your name as the hall monitor around here maybe you should treat truth objectively and not simply favor pals that have been around a while when they make a very simple and clear demonstration of lying to a customer. This isn't reading too much into words, it is simply calling a duck a duck at the risk of becoming unpopular. Again, this is textbook:
A customer found us that has chemical sensitivity. She asked if we could clean her carpets and upholstery using 100% natural chemistry.
Never tell them you use chemicals.
I don't take well to people lying through their teeth, especially when they are grooming me to follow in their footsteps. Hate it or love it, that's just me. Now regarding our website:

say this instead:

Maybe that makes you tingle a bit but here's the truth. Everyone starts somewhere. We literally do have several years of experience as professional cleaners doing maid service house cleaning. Which did teach us a lot about cleaning techniques and chemistry. When our very happy and inquisitive customers ask "how long have you been doing this" I always tell them the truth, "we did maid service house cleaning for several years and due to our own personal interest coupled with increasing requests we received we launched this business and went full time into carpet, upholstery, rug, and hard surface cleaning within the last year". Quite literally, every single time we are asked which is often. Tell me, what is dishonest about that hall monitor?

"Porty hacks": By definition this is patently false hall monitor Frederick. Hack, short for hackjob is: A task that was completed as quickly or cheaply as possible at the expense of quality and attention to detail (or a person that operates that way). Since you assertively call my wife and I hacks please tell me mr. researcher how have we amassed over 60 five star reviews in 4 months between Angi, Thumbtack, and Google? Go ahead look it up. 1 is for a family member and we actually cleaned for them btw... There isn't a single 4 star review to be found. How do hackjobs charging premium rates relative to our competition get 60 five star reviews in 4 months?

Every single person here continues to learn as they work on customers surfaces, learning never ends although it does begin. So how is it that we haven't had a single damage claim, instance of wicking, dissatisfied customer in any way shape or form since we began (and we are busy as heck, lots of jobs)? Because we aren't hackjobs and we do our very best everywhere we go (that's the opposite of a hackjob hall monitor). Did I get lucky, maybe at times, yet everyone here has. But I also researched this intensively in the time that I was able to before we launched, and practiced on family and friends homes before we began servicing random customers. I am freakishly careful as some OG's in the biz that have gotten to know me would attest too. I got the very best chemistry, the best portable equipment (which if you think using a portable makes you a hack you're sorely mistaken and a bit cultish, how is hwe done in very populated big metro areas? all hacks eh? even in 5 million dollar penthouse suites at the top of NYC? spare me...) and we are continually developing ourselves with continued research, investing in quality education, and investing all our funds into getting better equipment.

So tell me Fred, or Larry, where have I lied through my teeth like your buddy demonstrated in response to my inquiry?

Last edited:
  • Eyeroll
Reactions: FredC

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
I'm not outta here because Steve wants to groom me into lying to customers he thinks are misinformed whackos, nor because hall monitor Fred does what he does. I'm here to make friends and learn. May not seem like it in this thread but what can I say. There's only a few things that I'll dig my heels in over. Lying is one of them. If you guys want to support your buddy after he demonstrates that then by all means, you do you. I don't stand for it, never will.

they live

Name
Steve
You're here to make friends and learn?
I hope your carpet cleaning skills are way better.

And Fred busted my ass the whole time he has ran this place.

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
You're here to make friends and learn?
I hope your carpet cleaning skills are way better.

And Fred busted my ass the whole time he has ran this place.
This isn't reading too much into words, it is simply calling a duck a duck at the risk of becoming unpopular.
People often don't like the truth unless it fits their current way of operating. Ya know what's interesting in another thread where folks were calling their waste water solely "fertilizer", after I answered Larry's question of what is in the carpet nectar the conversation suddenly changed to "are the chemicals Bryce mentioned really doing harm or not". Interesting that it wasn't just "fertilizer" anymore, because really it isn't just fertilizer...'

The only thing I dig my heels in about is untruth. I don't know it all, I know very little. But I do know a few things. At the end of the day if someone is being asked if one can dump 100 gallons of waste water on their yard they have a right to know, generally speaking, whats in it. And it is not solely fertilizer as some here claimed even though it contains fertilizers. If a customer asks for 100% natural cleaning chemistry they have a right to get a very clear and simple yes or no. Not all the shenanigans you demonstrated in your responses to me. If you'd like me to go bury my head in the sand somewhere fine. Mostly people don't like reflecting on how they operate or how to do better. I do, it hurts, but I want to grow and be of service to people. If I just burned my bridges by taking a stand for what seems in my heart to be true and good then so be it. Such is life.

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
You're a better comedian.
I'm pretty much always the last guy to get joke. Maybe I just missed this one 😄. At times it has taken me days, seriously it's pathetic. I'm working on it. Thank God my wife is naturally light hearted and humorous. Life has a way of rounding out our edges.

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
Hey guys, business is booming and I have to move our 3 bedroom house, two bay garage, full size basement, and shed, with the fruit of 15 years of industrious activity in it's walls within the next 2.5 weeks. All while operating and developing our growing business in its baby stages... If I'm not around much it isn't because of Steve or Fred, or because I'm humiliated and just shamefully hid in a corner. This stuff consumes so much energy and I need to focus on the foundations of my life in the weeks ahead. To those who still love me, thank you guys. I love you too. All the best!

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom