mOnkey pad blowout?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
dealtimeman said:
i would like to learn how to remove scratches and polish, have a pretty good market within the customers i already work with.

I have a basic reference guide I would be glad to email to you or anyone else. I just need an email address where I can send a large file (10 meg). If your email won't accept that size file, I could send by regular mail.

BUSY BEE

scottw said:
dealtimeman said:
i would like to learn how to remove scratches and polish, have a pretty good market within the customers i already work with.

I have a basic reference guide I would be glad to email to you or anyone else. I just need an email address where I can send a large file (10 meg). If your email won't accept that size file, I could send by regular mail.
god gawd... On other websites i've see some selling but this is RICOCKULOUS!!! GO TO A REAL TILE/STONE SITE!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
what is a real stone/tile site?

why are you so worked up about this?

i stated a couple of times already i would like to learn how to correctly restore stone floors.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
yOu can go to mbstone.com or look up stone house in Arizona for training. The monkey pad dude also has training in San Diego I believe. I took MB's last class before he passed.

I understand Busy Bee's and Gary's frustation with this. Unfortunately, no matter how many times the manufacturers state that it is for maintenance, the industry sees them as stone restoration not maintenance and it will be advertised as so. Even though they may produce subpar results (think Chem-Dry bonnet) the customer will not know better.

Today's special:
Marble polishing at .50 a sft.
Call today and we'll throw in a countertop

:mrgreen:

Albert

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
what is the name of the certification you recieved and or the clases you have taken?

would like to find comparable classes a bit closer to home.

BUSY BEE

Albert Lazo said:
yOu can go to mbstone.com or look up stone house in Arizona for training. The monkey pad dude also has training in San Diego I believe. I took MB's last class before he passed.

I understand Busy Bee's and Gary's frustation with this. Unfortunately, no matter how many times the manufacturers state that it is for maintenance, the industry sees them as stone restoration not maintenance and it will be advertised as so. Even though they may produce subpar results (think Chem-Dry bonnet) the customer will not know better.

Today's special:
Marble polishing at .50 a sft.
Call today and we'll throw in a countertop

:mrgreen:

Albert
...when are the crystalizing guys coming?

BUSY BEE

dealtimeman said:
what is the name of the certification you recieved and or the clases you have taken?

would like to find comparable classes a bit closer to home.
didn't get a certification..what's that?..I've been to TOG's Hands On Stonehouse and to over half a dozen seminars put on by Stone restoration co's and contractors...those were the best..hanging out with guys that do it for real...good learning lesson..being that yer in Texas try the Stonehouse, MB or NSRA....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'd recommend MB's class since it's the only I've taken. It was a 4 hours drive, and it's right next door to Manhattan so you can visit NYC while you are there. I was not fortunate enough to meet MB, wish I did, Lora(his wife) is very knowledgeable too, the class was thought by Stu Rosen, who owns MB now, and is very helpful before, during, and after the course. You can call him up on his cell, and he would be on a job and still talk to you and help you out. He won't try to sell you anything either. I can't say much about TOG's class or NSRA. Personally I'd stick to DG(dirtygrout) for stone help, most of the guys above are members there including myself.

My main issue with stone restoration is that in my area after doing some research was that the top companies were charging super low rates, imo it just didn't seem doable for me, last year they were grinding @ $2-$3, didn't understand why so low. Had several estimates/bids for jobs last year but clients said we were too high, we're at $3 and up. To me it's not worth going thru grits, man labor, for $2 a foot.

BUSY BEE

tmdry said:
I'd recommend MB's class since it's the only I've taken. It was a 4 hours drive, and it's right next door to Manhattan so you can visit NYC while you are there. I was not fortunate enough to meet MB, wish I did, Lora(his wife) is very knowledgeable too, the class was thought by Stu Rosen, who owns MB now, and is very helpful before, during, and after the course. You can call him up on his cell, and he would be on a job and still talk to you and help you out. He won't try to sell you anything either. I can't say much about TOG's class or NSRA. Personally I'd stick to DG(dirtygrout) for stone help, most of the guys above are members there including myself.

My main issue with stone restoration is that in my area after doing some research was that the top companies were charging super low rates, imo it just didn't seem doable for me, last year they were grinding @ $2-$3, didn't understand why so low. Had several estimates/bids for jobs last year but clients said we were too high, we're at $3 and up. To me it's not worth going thru grits, man labor, for $2 a foot.
good post Bill...I didn't wanna mention dirtygrout because they're tied with *** now and we all know the drama with that situation...but now that u brought it up..that's a great place for info and help, awesome people there. I heard the TOG Stonehouse is moved to Texas now, for any guys on the West Coast, I heard Cameron DeMille and Ted McFadden are putting on classes for calcite stone, no granite. I've hung out with Cameron before and he knows his stuff, I'm sure it'll be good....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom