Monkey Pad Contest.

Mikey P

Administrator
OK Stone guys, you have 4 months to prepare for this one.

It's this simple.

The best before and after pictures of a floor or counter top rejuvenated with Monkey Pads only wins $1000 worth of new Monkeys in the grits and sizes of your choice.

No cheating and using powders, diamonds of other forms of polishing or honing.
Detailed pictures of the pads in use and proof of purchase will be required.

Winner will be announced at MF5.

Mikey P

Administrator
I remember back before 2.5 hose when your Booster crate was the tool du nanosecond.

How many of those things are in your garage waiting for Martys to buy them?

Maybe you can gut em and Chuck can use them to send "imports" back and forth.

Gary T

How bout talking to Dana and getting us access to a single 200 and 400 grit pad or put the 2 together in a set. I think it's kinda crappy you havta buy a full box of each to get a 200 or 400 especially for testing. Better yet, bump the price and include them to have a complete set from 200-11,000.

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree.

From what I've seen so far, the 200 and 400 will be needed quite a bit.

But what do I know, I'm a stone hack at this point.

Gary T

I have a job coming up that I will need at least the 400 but at this point don't want to fork out $375 for a box of them since I am still in the evaluation stage. If I like em I don't have a prob buying the box, but I ain't there yet. And it wouldn't be a fair test if I have to run my 400 diamonds before I break out the 800 monkey.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have about 7,000 sq ft of terazzo that I strip and wax every year, I was kind of waiting until MF5 to get a few answers to questions before I invest in the system

I have thrown out $600 to crap items to many times over the years to just keep throwing it out there, not saying monkey pads ain't the shit but you know what I mean

D

DANA KOTHRADE

I love the honest feedback on this forum!!!

We've decided to offer an inexpensive evaluation set for a limited time to mb members only.

Till the end of November

Set of 5
5" monkey pads from 800-11,000
For $75.00
You'll need a 5" backer and a variable speed makita or equivalent (use at low speed 600-800 rpm)

If you like them, get the 17" special and get another set of 5" for free.
This will not be available on the website so email me at
Dana@innovativesurfacesolutions.com

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I didn't take any pics actually doing it. I do not own diamonds or even have a 175 to powder polish. This is my first job done with an OP and orbital sander.

Before
IMG_2002.jpg

after
IMG_2008.jpg

before
IMG_2003.jpg

after
IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

Just bought them this week, and went to work. Even filled some holes, no pics of that as I forgot. Not perfect, but maybe I will be half as good as my teacher one day.

Mark McMaster

Pretty good there Bryan. Looks like you got rid of the "orange peel" and replaced it with a nice smooth polish.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Thanks Mark. Good to have you over here. You will be a great asset in the Hard Surface area for sure. Looking forward to your advice and comments.

There was a slight orange peel look but minimal. It came out pretty nice.

David Gelinas

Bryan

Very nice job for working with a fiber based diamond. I’ve also been doing some testing and in some applications they’ve been working pretty well. What grits did you use, how long did it take and how many square feet was it? Also – most importantly – who’s sexy leg is that? No just kidding, can you try reposting that last picture, it looks like only the top of it posted and I was hoping to compare the bottom part with the before picture? Thanks.

David Gelinas
Marbleguy

BUSY BEE

DANA KOTHRADE said:
I love the honest feedback on this forum!!!

We've decided to offer an inexpensive evaluation set for a limited time to mb members only.

Till the end of November

Set of 5
5" monkey pads from 800-11,000
For $75.00
You'll need a 5" backer and a variable speed makita or equivalent (use at low speed 600-800 rpm)

If you like them, get the 17" special and get another set of 5" for free.
This will not be available on the website so email me at
Dana@innovativesurfacesolutions.com
For $75 I'll try them out, I was thinking about them doing a Crema Marfil shower with lips recently. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with them in showers? Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom