More and more impressed with Prochem Acid cleaner

Mikey P

Administrator
It worked total wonders on Porcelain, metal fixtures, glass and grout in a shower today.

Hardly any odor too.

I thought I'd be polishing the glass for an hour or two. Doodle Bug and this stuff and it just melted right off

#1 for a very obvious reason

D405-Restoration-Tile-and-Grout-Cleaner__13441.1476732014.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We use a product from spartan chemical called foamy q and a.

1/2 quart makes 300 dollars in a glass shower clean.

Need an acid for tile And grout though and will try this one out.

Reactions: GreenTechAgain

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I need to try some. What do I need to be concerned about? Stainless, glass? Yes or no?
I just cleaned tile in a nice home that was just cleaned by someone else. The other company ruined the stainless steel refrigerator...and the tile grout. I'm thinking whoever did that job originally didn't follow the mixing instructions very well as it even rusted out the buttons on a couch. Can't imagine working with that in the air.
I bought a gallon on Mike's recommendation but I will be using it on bad commercial...around urinals and hard water areas only.

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
You think it stinks?
I think if you know what you are doing with strong acid cleaners and use as directed, it can be safe enough. Think it is a product to have in the arsenal but would not be my everyday go to. Mistakes can be costly.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It worked total wonders on Porcelain, metal fixtures, glass and grout in a shower today.

Hardly any odor too.

I thought I'd be polishing the glass for an hour or two. Doodle Bug and this stuff and it just melted right off

#1 for a very obvious reason

View attachment 79886

You need to order some foamy q and a you will love it for showers.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Any pix of one you previously cleaned with alkaline, that subsequently did much better on the acid side?

I realize there are many variables.

Mikey P

Administrator
I ask because I once used Stonetech's organic acid and I discolored the crap out of it. After that, a light coating of vasoline prevented that from happening. Decent trick

kinda funny but I've yet to be asked to restore a shower that had any metal worth worrying about.

no issues yet.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The elves cleaned a shower with Viper Renew once. The following morning, all the stainless fixtures had a coating of brown rust, even though they had been rinsed well.

I went back over everything with Barkeeper’s Friend and all the rust vanished, never to return.

Another hack, if you have any Ultraseal around it makes a dandy stainless steel polish.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The elves cleaned a shower with Viper Renew once. The following morning, all the stainless fixtures had a coating of brown rust, even though they had been rinsed well.

I went back over everything with Barkeeper’s Friend and all the rust vanished, never to return.

Another hack, if you have any Ultraseal around it makes a dandy stainless steel polish.
I thought acid does not cause rust, just caustics stuff? Since acid is used to remove rust?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I’m not telling y’all one more time what you need acid wise for showers.

Don’t message me asking cause I ain’t telling yous again.

Name
Ross Martin
We use a product from spartan chemical called foamy q and a.

1/2 quart makes 300 dollars in a glass shower clean.

Need an acid for tile And grout though and will try this one out.
Foamy Q&A is my go to as well.

I did get a sample gallon of ******* Lo-Test that I may try in a shower next week. I did a light clean for a new tile install this week and it worked great.

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
The Prochem acid does work well, but it stinks and I only use it if I have to , especially around fixtures. I’ve been using commercial soft scrub for showers and it works extremely well without having to worry about messing anything up, you can scrub it on, leave it dwelling while you set up hoses and not worry about hurting a thing! It does such a good job that after I finished a job someone giving an estimate at the home I was working in asked if the 30 year old counter top I had just cleaned was new tile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom