More Floods Inc.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I called them once and they said all zones in my area are completely sold out.

What a bummer too :-(

i was really looking forward to getting rich in restoration work.

Unfortunatly, i had a bad experience once and decided i didn't need the headaches so quit offering it..

The adjuster was a total prick and the homeowners were completely stressed out to the max!!!

it worked out fine when the freezing temps here hit 10 degrees below zero last winter.

while everyone in town was driving around sucking up water in the freezing cold I stayed nice and warm here at home. shiteatinggrin

of course, i did miss out on some big bucks... but, i just didn't like my first insurance adjuster experience.

I probably had 20 calls in a week for flood work and i told them no thanks!

That was the same week Ron L went to Kentucky. Damn Ron, you probably would have made twice the cash if you just stayed home :p

Oh well, life goes on....

Bryan P

I would hook up with a Restoration Co. if I were you.

You could easily get a $300 - $500 referral fee....or 10-12% of the job! Thats what plumbers are getting for a referral fee.

I have a friend with a Restoration Co and I do a "soft pass off" to him on the bigger dry outs.

Just make sure that you work out something before hand, and have it all in writing...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
George III said:
I called them once and they said all zones in my area are completely sold out. What a bummer too :-( ...

I do hear good things about Morefloods. However, Ivan Turner really is "getting rich" from water damage and he uses many of the same tactics Morefloods does. Even better, he has started sharing them. If nothing else you'll like Ivan's quirky writing style ...

http://sfs.jondon.com/8807/blog/how-to- ... rrals-free

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS By the way, George, I agree with you re: insurance losses being a pain in the rear. Unfortunately, the money is so darn good! IF you understand and build your business around the "Emotional Dynamics" of the home owner with a loss you'll do well.

I mean even Chavez has gotten rich in the restoration game so how hard can it be???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey.....Shhhhhh!

Seriously lots of alternative sources for WDR other than just insurance programs.

It is a tough business, but then not much more than carpet cleaning once you're setup for it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
George III said:
I called them once and they said all zones in my area are completely sold out.

What a bummer too :-(

i was really looking forward to getting rich in restoration work.

Unfortunatly, i had a bad experience once and decided i didn't need the headaches so quit offering it..

The adjuster was a total prick and the homeowners were completely stressed out to the max!!!

it worked out fine when the freezing temps here hit 10 degrees below zero last winter.

while everyone in town was driving around sucking up water in the freezing cold I stayed nice and warm here at home. shiteatinggrin

of course, i did miss out on some big bucks... but, i just didn't like my first insurance adjuster experience.

I probably had 20 calls in a week for flood work and i told them no thanks!

That was the same week Ron L went to Kentucky. Damn Ron, you probably would have made twice the cash if you just stayed home :p

if someone referred me 20 losses and knowing what my average one is, I personally would have paid out 6 grand to the person that referred me.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I only have 3 air movers.

I'll start tooling up for water damage.

There's got to be more money in it than just cleaning carpets.

Thanks!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
George III said:
There's got to be more money in it than just cleaning carpets.

Thanks!
There is "more money in it, George, IF you recognize that W/D is a totally different business from carpet cleaning.

Best wishes,
Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I gave a fairly well received presentation on exactly this topic at Connections called "Recession Proofing Your Restoration Business". The written version can be accessed here if you want to look it over:

http://sfs.jondon.com/2486/resources/sp ... n-business

If you are allergic to filling out the one-time-only registration process just drop me an email and I'll send you the Report direct.

Mikey P

Administrator
Before you buy another air mover or a Dehu, you better take a class or two and hire help.
You better know how homes and buildings are constructed and look into how much the annual insurance is going to cost you. Here in California its 15K a year.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
Before you buy another air mover or a Dehu, you better take a class or two and hire help.
You better know how homes and buildings are constructed and look into how much the annual insurance is going to cost you. Here in California its 15K a year.
Listen to Mike on this and not just because he is the Big Kahuna. Liability issues, certifications and a law suit happy public now make me cringe at how we handled some of our losses 30 years ago.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS You boys play nice now. I'm off with the family for an Internet free camping trip in the mountains. I'm already feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom