more fun with my Hot Rod..

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mike try wetting shower door the wipe them down with fabric softner sheet.

Then rinse off. Works amazing. Grab a few from your laundry room for a test

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Eli : )

Cool dude! Glad to see him still around Mike.

Hot Rod seems like it has many uses!

Name
BradFenstermaker
The softner in the sheet will practically melt the soap scum off.

Fuzzy sheet helps get in nooks and crannies of the glass.

Read it on a maid forum while researching care for our shower enclosure.

Just mist water and use your hand with fabric sheet then rinse.

May not be as great as the polish but is quick and works well

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The Maker of Fensters knows what he's talking about. The Warden, otherwise known as Mrs. Willy, uses the same thing with great results,

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
I bet it works fine. Its just hard to get past the angle grinder on a stick look. Alibi a fancy stick but still a stick.

noun: stick; plural noun: sticks; plural noun: the sticks
1. 1.
a thin piece of wood that has fallen or been cut from a tree.

Nope not a stick

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I got my Hot Rod friday and plain and simple I love it! I use it on stairs and it is so much easier than my oreck. It is great for agitating small areas, I had a carpet today that had the "L" in the living room from where the couch and love seat sat, I pulled out the hot rod and scrubbed that area and it cleaned up like new. Now normally pulling my 175 out just for a small area sucked. Now I can pull out the light weight hot rod and save my back when it is just a small area that needs agitation.

Reactions: Mikey P

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
David did the noise of the unit draw any unusual attention or comments?

I just came in from a job using my Hot Rod. I was specifically sensitive about the noise because this was a really expensive home and the people were home.

I was only concerned about the noise because Mikey's videos sounded so loud.

What I found is that if you keep the RPMs down to a reasonable level (still plenty high to scrub) the noise is not a factor at all.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
David did the noise of the unit draw any unusual attention or comments?
Funny you ask, it is loud but not in a cover your ear kind of loud. Today I was using the hotrod on stairs and at one point the resident peeked around the corner to see what the noise was and then he went about his business. It is just a high pitched noise that is not what we are use to hearing. Not a problem IMO. This tool is something I will be using almost daily, just easier on the back under certain situations.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
guys mikey is cleaning off water hardness, aka mineral build up.

so mike is magic al's a chemical cleaner or a polish of some kind that physically removes the mineral?

$225 nice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Funny you ask, it is loud but not in a cover your ear kind of loud. Today I was using the hotrod on stairs and at one point the resident peeked around the corner to see what the noise was and then he went about his business. It is just a high pitched noise that is not what we are use to hearing. Not a problem IMO. This tool is something I will be using almost daily, just easier on the back under certain situations.
I was concerned about the noise of the angle grinder. It is unusual to hear in the home so I was concerned about drawing attention with it.

I don't think it will matter and here is why I don't.

Last week I was cleaning with the Rotovac XL and someone had dropped something heavy on the motor cover. It dented it just enough that the fan would rub against the cover and clang loudly (it was awful).

This carpet while not overly soiled, it was pounded down from years of use and really needed the fiber lifting ability of an RE. I started out just going to use it in the master bath and bed room but it was cleaning so well and the client didn't even look over or ask about the noise. I cleaned the whole house with that racket. They were thrilled with the results afterwards and could believe how great it looked. I was just glad they weren't deaf afterwards! :biggrin:

I took the cover off and tapped the indention out when I got back to the shop. :icon_rolleyes:

So the noise factor isn't at all what I thought it might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SixShooter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom