More Opinions please

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so I haven't been on here much lately....figures since I wanted to do the websited "Contest".
Sorry for being a flake on that.

Anyway, here is the reason. Been workin by butt off on my website.

Major changes and I need outside opionions please.

I asked my Daughter (13) and she said.
"Oh my Gosh, Dad. I usually just go it looks good. But now it's looks really, really good. Wow."

What do you think?

http://www.prioritycleaner.com

Thanks

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
How about putting your face on the "About Us" page so Mrs. Piffleton can tie your words into your face. Maybe a little more casual shot of you in uniform from the waist up with a big, infectious smile?

Words by themselves are just words. People can relate with faces. The two together can complete the connection.

Col F

Name
Col Foster
Hey Brian,
The site looks great.
I see you're using the "Times new roman" font a lot. This is primarily a print font.
Maybe try changing to "arial" , you'll be surprised how much tidier & uniform it will look. Start with size 12 & work from there.

Col F

Not sure you want my feedback after reading the things you said to Kevin P about me but here you go.

1. Are those the photos of your customers on the satisfied page ? They seem like professional shots and may come across fake to a new customer. I do think that this is important to include a photo and a web site link if that client has one. (I am working on that now)

2 Photo gallery seems very small can you make them larger? I don't think people will always take the time to enlarge them. Groom out the carpet for these shots.

3. About us page not only needs your photo but also the video.

4. Blog needs a better looking link that grabs the eye.

5. what does it cost to use Paypal and have that link on your site ?

6. The link bar text seems like different sizes or font.

7. Stop asking cleaners for help and show 10 women and get their feedback.

Thats my 7 cents worth

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian,

This is just my opinon...No malice intended........

Seems to me you are focusing on 1 type of cleint....(those that share in your life style)

Although the maroon color scheme has class....(But brighter colors are more exciting)

The suit & tie just looks PHONEY....(Most cleints will asume you are selling Amway)

Alot of high-end clip art...(cleint might feel that there home is to modest for your service)

What's with the tech talking on the the headset...(kind-of over the top)

PLEASE...the photo of you & the wife...(Its great for the family rm. wall / but for a website)

It is a very attractive photo..(sincerely)...(But there is a time & place)

A nice photo of you at your desk and her standing over your shoulder would be better recieved. A short personal letter to your perspective clients. Stating your professional
standards & positive results they can expect in your services...would be much better
recieved. The entire site has a certian arrogance about it that will possibly turn some
customers away.

But if you are only focusing on high-end cleints ...Then you have done a very good job :!:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
None of these links worked!!

Carpet Cleaning
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Carpet Repairs
Carpet Protectant
Grout Sealing
Sanitizer/Deodorizer
Red Stain Remover
Pet Stain/Odor Removal
Mattress Cleaning
Maid Service
Pool Service
Emerg. Flood Service
Spot Dying

Your FREE Quote link should be more prominent, See my site.

http://www.**********************

Dave Yoakum said:
None of these links worked!!

Carpet Cleaning
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Carpet Repairs
Carpet Protectant
Grout Sealing
Sanitizer/Deodorizer
Red Stain Remover
Pet Stain/Odor Removal
Mattress Cleaning
Maid Service
Pool Service
Emerg. Flood Service
Spot Dying

Are you sure there links or just a list of services.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Brian,

Chris is right you should be asking women for their feedback. Large companies do it ,it's called a focus group. I do it and it hasn't failed yet. One ad for the side of the truck that I liked they told me looked like a toothpaste ad. Women see things totally different. That is why truckmount companies are always appealing to our male egos. Oh, look how BIG and STRONG our machine is. It's their target market. Your target market is women. Women don't buy for the same reason that men do, who really needs that many shoes.

Gene

BUSY BEE

Please don't take the critical parts of this post the wrong way because I know how hard it is to make a website. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. It's organized, has a video, pictures and classy. I think it markets too much to the housewifes and the suit and tie, well......... never mind. Serious Contractors will move on, single or divorced guys may move on as well and low-mid class may feel you're too good for them. It looks like it will do good with the MILF's in EDH, Folsom, Granite Bay and Roseville. Good luck.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian,

If my memory serves me ? You were struggling with what to name your company a few
months ago. You do have a talent for marketing, I have read your post offering some
great ideas to the members. Sometimes when we try to write copy for ourselves.....
we get to wrapt-up in trying to be perfect. The copy becomes focused on projecting an
image of how we want other people to veiw us.

This can be interpeted as smug or condescending :oops: It is my impression that you
have not completely cut the cord from the Chem-Dry Bible :? Scrape the canvas & create
a website that you would do for a freind.... Loose the suit...do a video of you cleaning
your own house...under normal everyday circumstances :!: :!: Invite the cleint into your
home & they will most likely invite you into theres......

You have the talent to do better :!: Just be yourself....The end product will be great.
Let your true personality represent the company :wink: "NOW GO KICK ITS ASS"

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As far as my above post.

I know that it was a list of services. But, each should also be a link to explain each service in more delail.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I like the "free offers" tab on the home page. I would be curious to know how this works for you. Are you hoping to build an email data base? It should pull much better than a quote request, because people will not have to talk to anyone. Good idea.

Bryan

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow,
I'm a little Butt hurt but those are all great suggestions.

I should have mentioned that it is a work in progress...as every website should be.

The lists of services will all have their own pages eventually.

I just put the site live today and two people have just scheduled through email.
coinsidence? Probably...
Sunday night surfers would be my guess.

Chris had the idea of the year about getting the focus group...How the hell come I didn't think of that??

I will be emailing 10 to 15 of my friends and customers...I know some lady's that will be brutally honest.

I am working on some flash artwork to open up the front page and what will be the "carpet cleaning" tile cleaning" and upholstery" cleaning pages.
I will put the video somewhere else maybe with a thumbnail.

Plenty of other stuff on the agenda.

I see what you mean about it being a little too "high end" for lack of a better word.
I will see what happens in the next month...and I will listen to my focus group when they respond.

Thanks everyone.

Oh, and I will read this thread a few times to remember the suggestions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wayne Miller said:
How about putting your face on the "About Us" page so Mrs. Piffleton can tie your words into your face. Maybe a little more casual shot of you in uniform from the waist up with a big, infectious smile?

Words by themselves are just words. People can relate with faces. The two together can complete the connection.

Great idea, I will be doing this one soon.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Your site really wasn't that good at first, but now your site looks very good. It's amazing what a little color will do.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Much better Brian!!!!!

The slide-show will catch the Ladies eye....

Where is the photo of the cute puppy or OLE YELLAR....

Good Job :!: :!: :!:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Still a little bit too much of you in it for my taste! :p

Looks nice Brian, well worth the time it took updating it.

It is as your daughter stated, a noticeable difference just on the home page.

Nice work! 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here's what two of the women from the focus group said

"Hi Brian,
I reviewed the site. Here are my observations :)

1. First 30 seconds - The initial picture was kind of dark and not real clear. I didn't get it until I hit the arrow for the U-tube presentation, which I liked. On the U-tube presentation, I like that both you and Jen are in the video, but I'd prefer a more business casual presentation as opposed to both being in suits. To me it seemed too formal. Loved the testimonial in the U-tube video.
2. Would like to see the picture of you and Jen more towards the top. It's good and it shows the personal aspect and owners of the company as soon as you open the website. Really liked that picture!
3. More color for the homepage would be more appealing, especially I think to women. It's mainly black and maroon and I feel a bit boring - I'd like to see more bright colors (just my personal opinion).
4. Love the Basset Hound on there - brings a warm feeling to the page and some humor!
5. I really liked the bottom portion - shows all the things you do and again love the picture of you and Jen.

I really like the U-tube concept - good job with that!! You may even want to do a couple more short testimonials and shorten the first one to get an array of happy clients.

Anyway, that's just my two-cents worth! I love that you're working on your website and expanding the business with Jen. It's very good and my observations above are only to give you my initial feedback to help. Hope all is well and let me know if you want any other comments :)
Kriss"

"Adorable picture of the 2 of you
easy to read website
I DID click on the video which most times I would not
many pmt plans
I will forward this site to my local friends
however, if you don;t read the site right, like I didn't, I added an S to cleaner and a different site came up that could hurt you.
I am not a website swavy person so I do that a lot.
very professional.
good luck and see you soon
Leslie"

I changed some things to what was said above
The slide show starts as the page loads so they don't have to click on it
I changed the colors, we'll see if they impress the girls
some other things...mainly to the home page
But I did put the video commercial on the "About us" page

www.prioritycleaner.com

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Glad too see the PURPLE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice from the ladies..........

Might want to have one of your Lower-end Cleint evaluate.....
Will give you a total perspective of the site...
Might want to POLL for any negative items....And have them make a suggestion to correct..

Site is much more appetizing :!: :!:

Good work :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Harp

I'm waiting for more replies. I am surprised that I have only gotten two out of 14. Go figure.

Now I have to work on links and the pages that they go to.
Ugh. Now I know why people pay thousands or more to have this sorta thing done.

Brian

Clean up the colors and get rid of that burgundy all together. That box with the specials link need to be 1 of the new colors and all the text too.

Looking much better

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looks good but the news flash is annoying to me.

Maybe it's just my laptop but when I go to the pages and scroll via up or down arrow, the pictures change...humm. Are you doing tricky javascript again :lol:

Some of the pictures on the baby safe link are skewed (sp.).

Ar you going to be doing seperate pages for each service?

I'm jealous of the sprayer on the video. I bought one like it and it barely sprays. Damn it, now I have to spend another 2 hours on it :evil:

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom