more vortex noise complaints than walk ups!!!!

Name
Kevin McCreary
Got my 7000 hat back in Oct would not trade it for any other machine. However I average 1 noise complaint per day its very embarrassing. Does anyone know how to quiet this monster down? My Local kenworth trucking garage seems to think they can add another 5 inch muffler to the existing silencer and quiet it down more with out increasing back pressure. Any suggestions anyone????? Thanks Kevin Mc.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Here in Idaho noise isn't as much of an issue. However, I am getting sick of the noise myself. My box is very insulated and I think that helped with the noise. When we run our other truck mount I can't believe how nice it is to not hear that screaming thing. If the muffler works let us know.

Mikey P

Administrator
IMO it's a bigger concern the more heat, lower price, more suck, more flow and what truck its mounted in.

BLUEline needs to address this yesterday.

I will not buy another one unless the noise is brought down considerably.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i have a couple ideas to cut the noise the box acts like a big drum some sound absorbing material would help and a sound blanket around the blower

Greenie

Any of these "big trucks" is pretty loud when you look at it from an average pedestrian's view.

I know some have done the "in series" silencer thing, but I can't help but think a set of parallel silencers would be better, it ain't like you don't have the room for em., but it would have to be designed in from scratch.

And those boxes should be lined with acoustic material under the floor, would take the snare our of the drum.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have ran a few others besides my own and to be honest it really is not much different than my CDS the pitch is lower but that about it........

Name
Lee Stockwell
Walt Bush quieted his down with an additional muffler.

Where IS Walt anyway? We need to get him over here.

Thanks,
Lee

rhyde

Name
rhyde
step one is to rent good sound meter and map out the sound issues... when i get time. i don't think the blower exhaust is the only issue

Mikey P

Administrator
Well take it from a guy who ran a HAT side by side with a 6008 (and not guys who are being fed information from unreliable sources) The HAT is "noticeably quieter .
A LOT less treble and much more bass.
My 6008 completely drowned out the HAT.

Unfortunately, the HAT is still way too noisy.

The worlds most powerful commercial carpet cleaning machine needs to be able to be used at night.

Shane

I just don't think my Vortex is that loud, my Powermatic was just as loud and had the bass of a Rap concert.

Mark Roberts

Ive a Boxer which is meant to be the quietest TM on the market and I still think its too loud and wouldnt use it at night.

I still cant understand why TM manufacturers cant/dont/wont, deal with this issue.

Mark

PS. can we make sure the guy from blueline is asked this question.

Al

I have had 2 complaint's in thirteen years 1 from my Butler and 1 from my PM, if i got a complaint per day I'd freak.

For some reason the PM seems quieter now in the big box truck, maybe its all the carpeting on the walls and ceiling?

Greenie

I'm now convinced my pal Mikey is partially deaf, in fact for his birthday I'm thinking of giving him a York autographed set of hearing aids.
Cause that 7000 isn't much quieter than the 6008, it is mostly a "different kind" of noise not necessarily a quieter machine.

ps: If you made the right mods and ran big hose every single one of you here would have been happy with the 5009 powered vortex machines of yesteryear, and no long term PTO problems either.
Expect the platform and PTOs to change in the near future with the bigger blowers.

G

I'm confused now. Wasn't the whole marketing position of the HAT blower that it was supposed to be so much quieter than the 6008?

Billy

Name
BH
I may be wrong but when I listened to Bobs truck I didn't feel like it was anymore noisy than my current setup. I have never had the police called on me for noise complaint on truck.

Greenie

Lee, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the blower you listed is the little brother to the Vortex blower, a fine blower by all means but not the 7000 HAT that BlueLine uses.

I call it the 59 equivalent to help understand where it sits in the big picture of common blower frame sizes, (hence the 4" ports) but event hat is not a fair classification as it's really a little larger than most 59 class blowers, but it's not a #6 by any stretch, which would have 5" ports.

One thing that should be considered, is the Vortex runs the 7000 at less than 70% of it's rated speed, so keep that in mind when referencing performance numbers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom