Most important thing cleaning Movie Theatre

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
So I have done this about 12-15 times now..

Posted on it before....Other guys were encapping it and never HWE for a couple years or whatever. I cleaned...VS and 100 psi Rinse and got so much scum and soap out.

Finally back to normal

Will I always just be peeling off the top layer?
They are dirty every time I clean...using strong juice, good heat and good flow. Good pressure. Using about I dunno 30-50 gallons on 1000 sq ft

Lobby and halls on monthly basis. Good floral carpet tiles.

It used to seem by high heat was doing it. Now I increased my flow. Heat has gone down. Trying a Mytee 2000 turbo. Working ok

Using Judson Juice with Citrus Solv and Enzyme and Hot Sauce

What is most important at theatre

Good Juice for all the butter and whatever is spilled?? If so what specific chem? Extra Citrus-Solv, Extra Enzyme, Hot sauce?
Heat?
Flow?
Pressure?

Thanks all

Jordan

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We all love our porties and truckmounts with huge heat and fairly high flow.. However this may be a situation where a steamin demon would shine. You can get incredible high flow like 3-4 gallons per minute and great recovery from what I hear. Its auto fill auto dump. You may investigate this option and see if one of your distributers would let you try one out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
May be a Stemin Demon with a hole glide would work, but I had the dude from Stemin Demon demo one at a church account of mine with the stock slot opening and it left the carpet soaked.

Shortcake is right, but he doesn't even clean carpet, so don't give him much credit.

I imagine you could clean it every week and get tons of soil out. You Judson's mixture is a really good way to go, and I certainly would want to HWE it using that chemical combo every so often, but a good encap. cleaning with a Cimex or a CX-20 would work for you between HWE's.

No sense in killing yourself EVERY time you clean that place.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I borrowed the Steamer Deamer from a local guy once. Didn't seem to be working right or putting down too much water. Water really wasn't that dark either like when I use HWE. I didn't want to experiment. I was busy and had a routine I was used too.

The pre-spray dries really fast when put down. I do sections and put it down heavy but man carpet just eats it up. I really don't make enough on this to pre-agitate but might experiment.

Is Cobb's Powermax maybe an idea for this? Has Citrus and Enzyme in it?? Just curious.

Probabably stick with JJ so I can use the 02 Rinse. Arousing stuff..wooah..ha

AND BAWB-E....I found ur gum last night....it was in the lobby though and the Hell-GEL took it right out. Ur luck-e that there is tile under all the seats that I don't clean!!...My fellow cleaner friend that does janitorial will get the stuff under the seat for me!! Nor do I clean the seats...yet..

Maybe it is time to get rid of the antique 175 and find a used or new one

hogjowl

Idiot™
This is one of those rare occasions where I would be using an emulsifier in my rinse. I love Judson's products and can tell you from first hand experience that his prespray, spiked with the hot sauce will clean as good or better than any enzyme out there. I love Accelerated's Clean Streak for greasy restaurants, but the JJ juice does just as good. I love their rinse, as well, and use it on most of my jobs, but I keep a bucket of Clean-it around for jobs like yours.

That extra bit of cleaning power in the rinse makes a difference.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
SD was just a suggestion, I've never used but some swear by it. You said you were using about 50 to 60 gallons in 1000 feet, we usualy go through about 110 gallons in 1400 to 1600 using a high flow wand, just to give you an idea.

Sounds like you are just stuck in a pitogrease and gobbs of traffic. You can and its recommended to use the Judson Rinse with Cobb's Powermaxx or least someone mentioned that here. But perhaps a good emuslfier could help you out. You might even try an encap based emulsifier like vacaway products or encap punch from Releasit. It might help absorb enought to make the next couple of flushes more effective so you can transition to the cimex combo.

You mentioned you don't make enough to preagitate, well if you have access to a cimex or even a desent 175 with shampoo tank, you could feed your prespray through the tank and agitate at the same time, this one get two steps in one action and thus you might be able to justify the prescrub.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Will I always just be peeling off the top layer?
at that flow and recovery, Yup

Even if you get all the dirt out it will probably be just as dirty the next time, so if every one is happy then why worry about it. I have cleaned several restuarants with tons of water so hot that the carpet tiles have bubbled and the carpet passed a white towel test but in the end it was just as dirty the next time we cleaned it

Encap will always be a maintance method that only removes the top layer, the carpet really doesn't stay cleaner longer under those conditions. The only thing that seems to help is that it will clean a little easier the next time which makes me think that it really doesn't vacuum out that well either.

you are doing just fine Jordan

and yes, I own a cimex, op machine and a vortex but have never tried the steamen demon

TimP

You definitely want a good strong emulsifier. I'd say you want more flow than what you're using if possible. The lighter the color of waste water you have the better your flushing. 30-50 gallons per 1000 ft isn't a whole lot to me. I think I'm in the 60-70 gallon minimum range even on residential for 1000 sq ft but I run a TM And I can be as high as 90-100 per 1000 ft or a whole waste tank full in my CDS on nasty carpet.

Back
Top Bottom