Mother F

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm sorry to hear that Mike.

I've broken toes twice in my life; its a slow heal.

Worse for you, you work for a living and I don't.

Reactions: Chris A

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_20190513_084414.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Well before I can even get my boots on to see if this is going to work my buddy in Santa Cruz who I stay with when I visit it turns out he had a heart attack and has been laying in the shower for 5 days and he's conscious but has paralysis and I need to head to Santa Cruz ASAP do the deal with the hospital and see what the what the **** is up

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well before I can even get my boots on to see if this is going to work my buddy in Santa Cruz who I stay with when I visit it turns out he had a heart attack and has been laying in the shower for 5 days and he's conscious but has paralysis and I need to head to Santa Cruz ASAP do the deal with the hospital and see what the what the **** is up
Sorry to hear that Mikey, hope you can help him out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Just spoke with the Dr. It was a massive stroke and there's nothing they can do for him at this time. They're doing a CT scan right now just to double check. He'll be admitted to the hospital and then it will be a long road with physical therapy since he has paralysis on his entire left side.

Sorry to hear this bud

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just spoke with the Dr. It was a massive stroke and there's nothing they can do for him at this time. They're doing a CT scan right now just to double check. He'll be admitted to the hospital and then it will be a long road with physical therapy since he has paralysis on his entire left side.
My father Inlaw had one of those. They said most people don't survive 3 years following something that severe. He rehabbed, could walk some. Had vision and trouble headaches. He made it two and half years and another stroke took him. He was miserable and had a dnr order signed.

He was a strong man with large arms but the stroke took away the use of them. He had to learn to swallow again just to eat. Walking took quite a while and car rides made him sick. He worked had his whole life and had the stroke one year after he retired.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sorry to hear that.
My doctor says something will come up and bite you when you least expect it.

My motto has always been.............Live fast die young

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think that's the worst thing living alone. My dad had something similar happen. Not as bad as that. He had had fallen and didn't have the strength to get back up. My brother in-law called and he was able to reach the phone. They talked about the weather and stuff for about 15 minutes before my dad finally told him he couldn't get up. It's just hard to admit you can't do what you have done all your life. He passed away about 6 months later.

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
88 year old neighbor fell in his hoarder garage last week. He laid there until my granddaughter came in telling me she heard somebody calling for help. Not sure how long he laid there.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I enjoy being single. I enjoy living alone and not having to ask or account for my self for anything.

But.....I sometimes do wonder about the consequences of a fall down the stairs or a slip in the tub.
Don’t worry Jim. I’d take care of you. I’d force Baconators down your feeding tube and make you wear headphones listening to Rush Limbaugh.

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
I enjoy being single. I enjoy living alone and not having to ask or account for my self for anything.

But.....I sometimes do wonder about the consequences of a fall down the stairs or a slip in the tub.
My neighbors kids are scared of putting him in a home
So he keeps falling
Normally he can call me but this time he couldn’t

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
:cry:

very sad. my dad had major heart attack. was doing better surgeon said no damage. well he got sick again. stint collapsed and lower part of his heart tissue died. surgery no longer a viable option so frustrating

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
My neighbors kids are scared of putting him in a home
So he keeps falling
Normally he can call me but this time he couldn’t
One of my elderly clients has an alert that she wears on a lanyard around her neck, it picks up sudden movement ie a fall and also has a manual button that she can push that links to her phone to call several numbers until someone picks up

No idea on brand or cost but seems like a good idea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom