Motorcycles, Bait and Switch, Douchebags and quid.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bait and switch is illegal and its a bad business model that makes people a lot of money, But the definition in America is advertising something you never plan on doing or delivering.

Like $50.00 for 4 dinning room chairs and when you go down to the show room they're all sold out but they have this $200.00 set worth $500.00. They never had a $50.00 set or sold one.

Like car advertisement to create foot traffic they always say in fine print 3 at this price or one at this price, If they didn't sell one at that price it would be bait and switch.

If you actually perform a service no matter how crappy and honor the advertisement its not considered bate and switch. If you refuse to ever honor the advertisement it is then considered bate and switch.

If they can show one person a day paying the advertised price and always be willing to do the minimum job then its not illegal, its unethical, its a lot of things.

It all depends on how the law is written in the UK. May not be as grey as here.

Still a bad business model that will eventually always lead to failure.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Bait and switch is illegal and its a bad business model that makes people a lot of money, But the definition in America is advertising something you never plan on doing or delivering.

Like $50.00 for 4 dinning room chairs and when you go down to the show room they're all sold out but they have this $200.00 set worth $500.00. They never had a $50.00 set or sold one.

Like car advertisement to create foot traffic they always say in fine print 3 at this price or one at this price, If they didn't sell one at that price it would be bait and switch.

If you actually perform a service no matter how crappy and honor the advertisement its not considered bate and switch. If you refuse to ever honor the advertisement it is then considered bate and switch.

If they can show one person a day paying the advertised price and always be willing to do the minimum job then its not illegal, its unethical, its a lot of things.

It all depends on how the law is written in the UK. May not be as grey as here.

Still a bad business model that will eventually always lead to failure.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think Greg Cole is an example of that. I'm sure it drained their soul and that is part of why they fail.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Plus Cole found a new business scam raping insurance. Just kidding water restoration is hard work and worth every dime billed.

Name
Damon
Kind of weird how the dudes ride around on the same bike together, no?

Why not a second bike or even a sidecar? Or how about just a plain ol' car for that matter?

Reactions: Mikey P

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I think Greg Cole is an example of that. I'm sure it drained their soul and that is part of why they fail.
Sorry about the new profile. I lost the password for the old profile and no longer have that email.
I am permanently out of the carpet cleaning business. Has nothing to do with draining on my soul. I never ran a bait and switch operation but it was very close to the grey area. I don't miss the bs one bit.

I've put my time and energy into the restoration company.
I put a corporate structure in place and it's flourishing. Pretty simple: Owners: General Manager: Department managers: Production managers: Worker Bees.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom