Moving wand from portie to TM

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
My little TM is almost finished and ready to be tested out. The only wand I have is the one that came with my Ninja that I bought about 5 years ago. It ran at about 200 PSI. My TM is set at 500 PSI. What mods do I have to do to use this wand? I want to make sure I don't overwet or blast water to the pad.

BTW, I am using a #4 Blower, 2" hose if that matters.

I know I should buy another wand, I just want to use this one for a while until I know this system is going to work for me.

Thanks for any advice to a reforming Shampoo Addict.........

Bob Foster

Chris if its a budget thing may I suggest you ask around for someone who has a more suitable one for you that they will sell you at a good price used. Lots of guys have perfectly good wands they don't use hanging around because they have upgraded. I bet you can probably get a wand and glide from someone for a hundred bucks.

The wand you have is probably a serious mismatch. Try and get at least a two jet wand with a glide as a minimum. If you usually don't vacuum get a slotted glide. If you vacuum go for a holed or hybrid glide.

Your going to love the TM after using a porty.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If your wand was sold to you to use with that portable, there's a decent chance that it's a Castex wand. If so, you have one of the best non-glided wands around. You'll have to call Jon-Don and get a high pressure valve for it, and I suggest you buy a set of stainless steel lips while you're at it.

If it is a Castes wand, talk to me, or Jimmy Ladwig, about how we use it with our TM's.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
rhino1;

If your wand has this angle valve:

k251kt.jpg

then it can handle the TM pressure.

It still must have a hi-pressure hose and stainless jets (2 x xx02 or 2 x xx03).

Larry Cobb

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, it might not be optimal T, but me or Jimmy are about the only two people on this Greenglide BB that will admit to using one, and know under what conditions it functions well.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd also tell him to get a glided wand, for those conditions under which the Castex is not the best tool.

Besides, who are YOU to be casting stones when you advocate the use of that electric weenie you keep trying to sell to somebody. By-the-way, have you actually sold one of those things yet?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used a porty wand for years, an 802. Had to change the valve eventually but the line from the valve to the jets I had to replace when I added heat to my porty. It more than handled the pressure when I switched to TM and its still there after 12 yrs.

You'll be able to move it much faster than you could with a porty.
Your porty jets won't be high flow, and with the increase in vacuum and airflow, you shouldn't have to worry about overwettting.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Your Ninja wand will work fine. At 100' of hose the actual pressure is 2/3's of 500psi or 333 psi. The only thing you should change is the jets to 2-003's and the hose to high temp/pressure hose.

Mister Sir

P.S. My Ninja wand AW29 works fine with my smaller truckmount with just bigger jets. It produces moderate heat, not a flame thrower. No change in hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if it is an aw29 (the typical wand i see with LOTS of portys), it will work fine with your TM.

We used them for years w/06 flow jetting at 300 to 400psi and temps exceeding safe limits of good sense at times
(like the temp gage pegged at 280)

average psi was 350 @ temps in the 220 range.
Those stock wand valves ("P" valve? and K valves) held up better than paraplate valves for us.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom