MPG Minivan vs Standard

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Is there a difference in gas mileage?. Just doing a bit of research and doesn't seem like it. Anyone have experience with both?.

thanks,
Albert

Rex Tyus

It has been several years since I ran a mini-mount, so I can't say for certain. I remember very little difference when I moved up in van size.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have a heavy-half ton ford van with a strait 6 4.9 liter, strong slow motor 15-16mpg city 20 mpg highway FULLY loaded. I also have a 98 chevy astro 4.3 liter V6 at best 15mpg city 19mpg highway. Not worth the difference if you are hauling any amount of equipment unless you are vlm only and still you would have to go with a honda or toyota for better mpg.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I own two FWD mini-vans, one gets 20mpg hi-way, the other gets 22 hi-way

My Super Cargo extended gets 18 hi-way fully loaded.

I hear the Chevy the Astro is in the 18 to 20 mpg hi-way range.
Which, BTW is the only mini-van I'd consider if you're considering putting a small TM in a mini.

Engine size doesn't always equate to better mileage either.
The Super Cargo I had with 4.9ltr straight six (a great engine BTW) only got 15mpg hi-way with a tail wind.
My Super cargo w/5.4ltr has more power and acceleration and gets 18 hi-way

..L.T.A.

Supersucker

Any fuel savings would be eaten up by tires, brakes & shocks. Besides you will take longer to setup & breakdown because it will be harder to load/unload any tools like vac, 175, blowers etc. I am looking to go bigger for my next truck, not smaller.

John Watson

Albert, I have seen your van, your stuff won't fit in a smaller van!!! Next year you might be pulling a small trailer :lol:

GRHeacock

I ran an Astro van with a Ballweber CDs type Truck Mount tor 18 years. got 16 mpg around town, loaded with equipment.

Hard to beat.

Gary

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks for the heads up. Weird how a smaller van gets about the same gas milage as bigger ones. Doesn't seem to be worth it.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom