Mr. Cobb Please Confirm I Am Not An Idiot...

Kipp

Name
kip
Bought your $239 UV light, love it...looks like to me it works much better in lighted situations. I had a doufus at another place (***) tell me I got scammed and that you use the same "cree" light as the $20 ones you can buy at Walgreens.

Now I know I'm not seeing things and that this light does perform better...since I'm sure you know your products well can you please explain why your $239 light is superior to the $20 convenience store lights?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have not seen one light that even comes close to the strength/brightness that Cobbs light has.

There might be a good one but I have yet to see one.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
SSSSsshhhhhhhh...... Be berry berry quiet, he is building them as we speak.

But in all seriousness the light kicks ass....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, what the shell says means nothing.. I love the thing! It is heavy duty also..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kip;

The most important part of any UV light is the actual UV LED . . .

Not only does it have to emit at the correct frequency . . .

it has to be the most efficient at that frequency . . .

Next, for durability, the LED must be mounted on a sizable brass heat sink and have the correct parabolic reflector . . .

The electronic circuit that drives the LED must provide a constant current source . . .

The lithium ion battery cell must be made by an established manufacturer (not Ultrafire junk cells) . . .

The charger that comes with UV light is also a reliable design which charges to the correct voltage level . . .

Finally, the nylon snap-on belt loop case keeps the light handy and prevents damage . . .

Our #GG8UV light has a one year warranty against defects . . .

There are other good UV lights available, but they are over $350 each.

Larry

P.S. Our best UV light is used for area rug spotting and is $499.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
All I is the know is the frequency of the light has to be right or it won't show the urine very well if at all. I had a black light that I bought from Inter link and it finally went bad, had to go get a make shift one from HD for a inspection for a PM co. Bought a black light Mini Tube and small holder for it and it worked pretty good as well as the other one I paid 200+ for.
Haven't tried Cobb's yet but from what guys are saying it sound pretty dang good.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Works great saves time and money over others, especially plug in type.

Ron K

Sooo how are you using it? Tried it but the Sun worked, better, faster and more throughly. We don't see that for the next 6 months so was hoping the light would help.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I think the most important point that Larry left out. Is that it is a single 7watt UV led. not 35 dimwit uv leds. Its basically the difference between strapping 52 Flashlights together and comparing them to 1 lighthouse light. If you want to have a good time try and find a 7 watt UV LED on google. its a pain and they are expensive.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joel;

That is an excellent point . . .

The high power 7 Watt UV LED's are very efficient and dissipate heat very well . . .

Which delivers more actual UV power and longer life.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I bet a lot of guys will buy it and then of course complain about the quality.
NEXT day go on forums complaining about "price shopper" customers.

:dejection:

Reactions: steve_64 and Kipp

Able 1

Name
Keith
I bet a lot of guys will buy it and then of course complain about the quality.
NEXT day go on forums complaining about "price shopper" customers.

:dejection:

Never have I heard one complaint about Cobb's light... I think I have had mine for 2 years now still bright as hell..

Reactions: kingjoelking

rick imby

Name
Rick
Back to the title of the post!!!

Your being an idiot or not certainly can not be denied or confirmed by your posting on this forum. And Larry is certainly not able to Judge your competency at being an idiot. Post more and the Jury will have more to work with.

Kipp

Name
kip
Well I'm an idiot for posting here after you guys were a bunch of meanies to me...holding my breath for my official Fred apology thread
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom