MR KNOWITALL

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
PLEASE HEP ME!

I'm running a Sutorbilt 47 on my present Genie...the timing gear end cover has NO drain plug OR oil level plug....only a fill hole at the top!

Besides being VERY hard to add oil, it is IMPOSSIBLE to determine the correct oil level.....I'm using a turkey baster to add the oil!

Have you ever seen this before...any hep?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I fill up a turkey baster wit oil and let it set in the fill hole and drip... takes about TWO hours...and then run the blower...it will then discharge oil out the vent to the correct level.... I THINK.......

this is driving me nuts......

i know, it's a short trip.....! HaHa.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes Mike..but even so, there SHOULD be a drain plug and a level plug...

All i has is a FILL plug......vented!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I sol my Big Block motor yesterday......i gots a pocketful of money.....if i WANTED to...i could come out there an' straighten yous yaHOOs out on a few things.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You know that i lost DoaKilla...I'm thinking about hirin' a 26 year old gal that's applied for the job........should i bring her wit me........?

RichardnTn

If there isn't one, the side cover got by QC. The metal should be thick enough to drill a hole and tap it out.... My 45 has drain hole on all 4 sides since it can be orientated as you want.... No sight hole though...If I am not mistaken, the amount of oil to properly be used, is to pull the top side plug out and fill until oil comes out the hole... It is possibly too that one of the bolts in the bottom doubles as a drain.... RR

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No..... the proper procedure is to remove the LOWER plug (not the drain plug) and fill it to that....but there ain't none, not even a boss to drill and tap it.....it's unbelievably hard to add oil...so far every time i add oil, it spits it back out the vent cap on top!

BTW...i been running this blower SEVEN YEARS lik this!

AND also BTW have been cleaning it wit a stream of water out the garden hose every other day.....wit a shot of WD afterwards!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bawb,

Replace the gearcase cover with the right part, and be done with it.

Then again, that's a large investment for a guy who doesn't want to fill his gas tank full.

TimP

Bob why don't you change the oil to synthetic. By the time you need to change it you should be long gone.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Bob, is this a 47 you bought new? Or did you rebuild it like new?
Because in the older blowers the plugs were in the cast block and not the covers. Did you mix up a cover if you rebuilt it like new.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No..i never had this one apart...but there ARE some set screw looking thingys in the cast part of the case....is THAT them..?????

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
are you SURE? They are allen hEDed set screws flush wit the case...i tried to break them loose....but failed!

if you are..."nuts on a chopping block sure"....

I will get them loose.....

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bawb,

That blower has to be pre-SG PTO, because SG blowers for the PTO never had blowers that old.

Here's an excerpt from an old 1979 Hydracat manual, showing the plugs on the endplate. I know it's a horizontal setup, but should give you some help.

2u70r2d.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom