Mr Sandless

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
My parents had them do some wood floors.

They are pretty big in midwest and maybe nation wide??

My dad said they used steel wool pads, buffer and some chemical that did not have a strong smell? It stripped em down pretty good! Re stained them and finished them.

Anyone do this before as a service?? Or ever just tried strong a** wood stripper with steel wool buffing pads?

I still don't think it is probably effective as FULL bore sanding but it's a good service to have!!.

Are mesh sanding screens just like sandpaper???

Thanks!!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
So...stupid question...What if you used a black pad with wood stripper on a wood floor????

frresh1

Name
Doug
So...stupid question...What if you used a black pad with wood stripper on a wood floor????
too much water will swell the wood, so you need to vacuum relatively fast. A black pad would make quick work of the finnish but might be to much of a mess. Dry sanding is the way to go. And yes Screens are just like sand paper they just dont load up as fast.

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
You can do everything they do with a little education and your own equipment for a fraction of the price. We started doing this about 3 years ago. I have noticed a lot of start ups for wood over the past few years here locally which has driven the price way down. There's guys here sanding and recoating for the same price we clean and polish. My guess is they will fizzel out soon when they realize they can't make a living at those prices.

We have a Mr Sandless here as well but I'm not sure he is still i business. I used to see his ad's all the time but I haven't seen one in the past year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom