My CRB fell down the stairs today.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yup. My poor crb. It has a loose handle so if it leans backwards it turns on by itself. Well, it was in the leaning position and when I plugged it in, it proceeded to do its best evil Knievel impersonation launching itself down the stairs. The handle broke off, snapping the bolt flush with the mount. I was totally sick inside.

Luckily I was able to get the remaining portion of the bolt out with a drill and an ez-out. Saved my ass. I felt very lost for awhile. I would consider my CRB Damon Approved. It's givin me 5 years of good use and now has been launched down a flight of stairs.

IMG_4756.JPG

Last edited:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Damon, that is precisely why I put a lighted switch on my machine, between the pigtail and the motor. You can always swap out extension cords any time. Importantly, you can kill the power until you are actually ready to operate the CRB.

Those handle-position switches are a safety hazard.

Reactions: Nomad74

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yikes! Have had a CRB fly into a wall once when turned it on. The HOST CRB handles if not locked in, can fall flat down one way, and the machines goes 100 mph into a wall. (maybe over exaggeration) but feels like it.

Did it do any damage to the customers walls or anything?

Reactions: Drew VS

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Don't talk to Damon.
He's not here.
He starts DATs and then leaves
Haha, Sorry, I'm so busy right now with work. I landed some really huge accounts. 12k and 14k sq ft jobs I'm doing solo along with all my other normal work. So I haven't been around much. It's 4am right now and I'm starting my work day at 6am to try and get a little bit of a jump on the heat. Going to be 111° today, ugh!

So to answer the question, did it damage the wall,.... no comment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom