My day got fun

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not $150 Facebook special.

FD72E732-9084-4B5A-900F-F64AD411E864.jpegFCB49FFA-E841-496B-B74B-100FB0B44458.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
1 atv tire says you are not insured to be cleaning aircraft
Shins
1 atv tire says you are not insured to be cleaning aircraft
Nope. Gotta pull everything out. I looked into getting a rider but my insurance agent said it would be way to expensive for a $50 million jet. I'm covered if they pull it out, which they had no issue with doing.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is there also some sort of fire protectant on the carpet as well that we should be careful with?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Is there also some sort of fire protectant on the carpet as well that we should be careful with?
Commercial or "for hire" carpet will be wool and seat fabric will be wool or leather. Mainly because they don't contribute to a fire or release loads of toxic fumes if flaming stuff is in contact with them. Commercial carpet will also be treated with a flame retardant that has to pass a test to allow a certain number of wet cleanings before reapplication.

You're a cleaner, don't accept any responsibility for the flame retardant, leave that with the owner.

Although plane builders will have stock interior finishes, private planes can have whatever the owner wants in them.

This is a scenario where I'd recommend forgetting you sell stain protectant. Many aircraft fabrics are treated with silicone, not for soil but as a static dissipator. silicone and fluorchemicals don't play well together.

Name
Nate W.
Commercial or "for hire" carpet will be wool and seat fabric will be wool or leather. Mainly because they don't contribute to a fire or release loads of toxic fumes if flaming stuff is in contact with them. Commercial carpet will also be treated with a flame retardant that has to pass a test to allow a certain number of wet cleanings before reapplication.

You're a cleaner, don't accept any responsibility for the flame retardant, leave that with the owner.

Although plane builders will have stock interior finishes, private planes can have whatever the owner wants in them.

This is a scenario where I'd recommend forgetting you sell stain protectant. Many aircraft fabrics are treated with silicone, not for soil but as a static dissipator. silicone and fluorchemicals don't play well together.

My pops got a friend in LA who does fire retardant.. It's either 7 or 10 years of records to keep from everything they spray.. Not bashful to charge either.. :eekk:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There is a company in West Michigan the specializes in making private aircraft carpet.
I recognize V'Soske and Hokanson, hadn't heard of Scott. It is odd and common to see these five pound per square foot carpets on private planes.

I know this carpet was made for someone's designer, but I don't think a barf stain pattern should be featured on their website. horror.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom