My day with the skunk

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Trying to take the day off and get ready for a day of watching the NASCAR All Star race At the Texas Motor Speedway. I loaded up with snacks and Pepsi.

Like clockwork, the phone rang. Turns out one of my best customers had her dog sprayed by a skunk last night. The dog ran into the house and rolled around on the carpet trying to get the smell off. Well, you know how that worked out.

Being the nice guy I am, I drove to the shop, got my cleaning van and a gallon of MasterBlend Skunk Out, and headed to the scene.

When I arrived I was welcomed by a very sweet dog. Not realizing what I was doing, I got down and greeted the dog with loving pets. Then the smell hit me. Oh man it was bad. The customer said they had washed the dog three times and couldn’t get the skunk odor out.
I ended up cleaning the carpet and mixing in skunk-out. I also gave the customer some to mix up in a bucket to bather their dog in.

by the time I was done the dog and carpet smelled like my Grandpa’s armpits of Hi Karate and Old Spice. It was an I’m really improvement. Masterblend Skunk-Out really worked.

Oh, I was home in time to watch the race. To my joy the new Corvette is the pacecar.
CC71B999-C7FC-4F7E-AC41-C0CA1CAE1124.jpeg0941740B-8E17-467E-AF53-9C476EA78130.jpegCECC603D-4F80-4DB1-9BE1-8D91C9747AE8.jpeg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Trying to take the day off and get ready for a day of watching the NASCAR All Star race At the Texas Motor Speedway. I loaded up with snacks and Pepsi.

Like clockwork, the phone rang. Turns out one of my best customers had her dog sprayed by a skunk last night. The dog ran into the house and rolled around on the carpet trying to get the smell off. Well, you know how that worked out.

Being the nice guys I am, I drove to the shop, got my cleaning van and a gallon of MasterBlend Skunk Out, and headed to the scene.

When I arrived I was welcomed by a very sweet dog. Not realizing what I was doing, I got down and greeted the dog with loving pets. Then the smell hit me. Oh man it was bad. The customer said they had washed the dog three times and could bot get the skunk odor out.
I ended up cleaning the carpet and mixing in skunk-out. I also gave the customer some to mix up in a bucket to bather their dog in.

by the time I was done the dog and carpet smelled like my Grandpa’s armpits of Hi Karate and Old Spice. It was an I’m really improvement. Masterblend Skunk-Out really worked.

Oh, I was home in time to watch the race. To my joy the new Corvette is the pacecar.
View attachment 108691View attachment 108692View attachment 108693
main event just about to start

Reactions: Nomad74

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nicely done Damon.

Try a Liquazone the next time Pepe Le Pew encounters a customer’s dog. You’ll love the dilution, and it won’t leave an overpowering fragrance.

I sell plenty of Skunk Out, so it’s not competitive jealousy. It’s just been my experience that Liquazone does a very good job with very little residual fragrance.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Nicely done Damon.

Try a Liquazone the next time Pepe Le Pew encounters a customer’s dog. You’ll love the dilution, and it won’t leave an overpowering fragrance.

I sell plenty of Skunk Out, so it’s not competitive jealousy. It’s just been my experience that Liquazone does a very good job with very little residual fragrance.
Ohhhh. I like that dilution rate. It says it can also be used on dead bodies. With the week I’m having, I may need that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ohhhh. I like that dilution rate. It says it can also be used on dead bodies. With the week I’m having, I may need that.

If you ever get one of those, let me know...though I know that was more of a bitter joke than a prediction of upcoming work.

Liquazone and a little Last Resort will get rid of that smell.

I've done more than a few, while trying not to puke in my respirator.

• Wow

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Jim Pemberton you aren’t going to believe this. I swear to the great ball of light in the sky I’m not making this up. I just booked a job for Wednesday morning to clean a house where the customer’s dad died. I guess there is blood and some odor to deal with.

I’m never speculating again!

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
@Jim Pemberton you aren’t going to believe this. I swear to the great ball of light in the sky I’m not making this up. I just booked a job for Wednesday morning to clean a house where the customer’s dad died. I guess there is blood and some oder to deal with.

Be careful. You might want to recommend replacement

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
@Jim Pemberton you aren’t going to believe this. I swear to the great ball of light in the sky I’m not making this up. I just booked a job for Wednesday morning to clean a house where the customer’s dad died. I guess there is blood and some oder to deal with.

You might want to call me on this one Damon.

If he expired on the carpet, replace it. The blood borne pathogen implications are massive, and unlike what is portrayed in Hollywood, it is natural for the contents of the bladder and bowels to be expelled during death.

If he passed on a chair or in bed, then just dispose of them....following state guidelines of course.

steve_64

I have an emergency diarhea job to do soon. Mattress and carpet. Old dude is coming home from hospital tomorrow.

• Sad

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Had a young man 18 to 22 throwing a major fit. Cussing and angry screaming about them writing a check out of grandpa's account.
At one point he followed in through the garage and I kept an eye on him until he went the other way.

Fun fun.

Wise move.

One of the early lessons I learned in life: Don't turn your back on anyone behaving irrationally, and keep them in your line of sight at all times.

steve_64

Wise move.

One of the early lessons I learned in life: Don't turn your back on anyone behaving irrationally, and keep them in your line of sight at all times.
I cleaned a house maybe over 10 years ago. The guy that answers is big long hair biker looking type in a house he could barely stand up straight in. He was polite at first but something wasn't sitting right and I was keeping tabs on him.
At one point I noticed a change in his facial expression and voice he was becoming agitated.
I wasn't done and he started telling me I better go. I never stopped smiling and finished quickly. Got paid and always wondered what that was about.
It felt like a hit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom