My fall flyer

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Keith,

not my cup of tea, but that's ok, that's the way marketing works... different approaches get different people.

However, I did notice a spelling mistake.

No residue left to insure your carpets stay clean longer

Shouldn't that be ENSURE...?

Cheers, John

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good call John,(spelling)

These are my money makers it dosen't hurt my feelings (Not your cup). This is what makes me money and has for 3 years but I'm just looking for some imput for the next one. These are vary low cost and they work!

Changes anyone?

Keith

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I Like it. Simple, but you you give some compelling reasons to call. To you have to charge tax on service?

Able 1

Name
Keith
ACE said:
I Like it. Simple, but you you give some compelling reasons to call. To you have to charge tax on service?

In Wi. you have to sales tax. 5.1% to 5.6% depending where you are.

Keith

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Keith,
A few points.

The most important space in any ad is te headline. Your top space is for your name. In that space you shlould tell the customer what they get.

Your list below your name is a list of features. They should be benefits. In other words a truck mount is a fact and not a distinctive one. Tell them what the benefit of a TM is.

Use testimonials. Look at the most popular magazines such as People to understand what they do to attract your clientel - women.

Test your ad by running 2 separate ads in the same market and change one thing such as the headline or offer. Keep track of which one pulls better.

Good luck.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Seems a little crowded and can't seem to focus on any feature benefit I might me interested in... like Green Cleaning.. that's way down at the bottom crammed in between your BBB and CC logo's. Free Estimates.. everybody gives free estimates, that's not a feature benefit to do business with you, is it?

Not trying to bust your kiwi's Keith. Looks like you've got every thing carpet cleaners think are important and not what Mrs. Homemaker is concerned about or wants. Pare it down and focus on what Bill Yeadon said. Like he said, run 2 different post cards. The one's you always run which you say generate a lot of business for you and one outside the box, not thinking like a carpet cleaner but as a woman.. get in touch with your feminine side :mrgreen:

I did notice that Advantages of Steam Cleaning is not completely underlined.
Good luck Keith!!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I agree with the 2 Bills. It's to complicated for the 1 second desision the customer makes before it hits the trash can. Make a Compelling headline. Get their attention!!

Also, it is very important to leave the bottom of the card blank to allow the post office bar card. They will likely cover any print with a paper sticker + barcode. Your important information will be lost. Likely turning the card into landfill. Send a few to yourself as a test before you waste money on postage or leave the botton 3/4 " blank on both sides.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks for the tips guys. I posted it knowing it would get picked apart but that's what it takes. I aways put my name on top so people would get to know the name. A good headline would be much better.

Thanks,
Keith

lesterj2

looks pretty decent to me... sure beats having to pay someone to design them for you anyway...
im gonna post mine in a few...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Also, it is very important to leave the bottom of the card blank to allow the post office bar card. They will likely cover any print with a paper sticker + barcode. Your important information will be lost. Likely turning the card into landfill. Send a few to yourself as a test before you waste money on postage or leave the botton 3/4 " blank on both sides.[/quote]

I put these in paper boxes by hand save on the postage. :wink:

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
You started with a good idea but then you tucked it away behind your logo.

able-1.jpg

Like Bill suggested, how about a headline? The object is to catch Mrs. Piffleton's eye as she's rifleing throught the day's mail. You've got a pic that might do that but it's playing second fiddle to your logo. Build your ad around your pic and your headline. Pick your images carefully. This one is cute as a button but it's a little hard to work with. Put your logo in last.

And, I also agree you're trying to say way too much for the space. You don't have to tell the whole story. We're carpet cleaners. People understand the basics. When you have too much stuff it's too hard to read, too hard to get to the meat of your message. Bulleted lists make it easy find out what you do quickly. Leave some white space.

A slightly different pose with a neutral background, a few less words, and........

able1.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lose the prices.....that is probably one of the better cards I have seen thrown up here in awhile.....
It is eye catching....well thought out.........You want one of these to make your phone ring..If you put you prices on it you take away a reason for them to call and let you sell yourself......

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wow great work Wayne!

Since Bridge point direct sucks ass you think you could do somthing for me in spring?

That was what I was looking for when I signed up with bridge point but they have fallen way short!

Thanks,
Keith

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Wayne,
That is a great post card, really impressive. And like Jim Martin said, one of the better one's I've seen posted here. Is there any imperical evidence on if showing price packages is good or bad for getting business or even just to make the phone ring? Is that a special post card you made or is that part of your stock portfolio? I'll be giving you a call later this week.

Keith, you'd better place your order.. Wayne's done all the work for you already! :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"Free hall"

I swear to God this used to happen to me.

When I worked in the melting pot bay area I would get calls for my ad that would read "2 rooms and a hall".

I would get to the house and the dude would say (in the apu voice on the simpsons)
Ok, I would like dees 2 very small rooms AND DEES HALL!!
and he would motion to from wall to wall the living room and dining room area refering to it as the "hall".

It is a "hallway" I would tell them. They just didn't get it.

It happened so many times that it became a running joke.

This was a major reason for getting the F outa that area. I don't like dealing with them types....their whole culture is based on the barter system. To much wheelin and dealin.

Able 1

Name
Keith
WJMorgan3 said:
Wayne,
That is a great post card, really impressive. And like Jim Martin said, one of the better one's I've seen posted here. Is there any imperical evidence on if showing price packages is good or bad for getting business or even just to make the phone ring? Is that a special post card you made or is that part of your stock portfolio? I'll be giving you a call later this week.

Keith, you'd better place your order.. Wayne's done all the work for you already! :D

I already had 30,000 made or I would have gone with his much more professional!

Bridgepoint should hire him for 150,000 a year to make thing right there!

Keith

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
It's not part of the pdQ material, Bill, just another take on the original idea. It's easier to show an idea than it is to try and explain it. lol A similar thread popped up about the same time last year,

fallpc.jpg

Personally, I'm not a big fan of advertising price. I'm sure it works, though, since some people like to know what something is gonna cost before they call. I'd rather someone call for reasons other than a good price. But, if you can advertise a price-point you're comfortable with and it works, why not? Whatever works.

Al

1. Water temperatures above 150 degrees will destroy dust
mites, fleas, and ticks living in your carpet.

Thats a pretty bold claim, I wouldn't use it.

8)

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Keith,

The very best of luck with your fliers/post cards. You above all people know your business better than anyone. If they work for you, don't fix what isn't broken. Next time, use some of Wayne's ideas and you may get even more phone calls, more business, less calls but higher ticket sales... or less business all together.. it's a crap shoot.. you never know, but I don't see how you would worse off.

What do I know.. I'm a BDCC clawing my away to stay alive.

Keep track of your #'s and report back on how you make out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
William,

If I go out right now with my flyers I will get work guarenteed! I have been doing it for 3 years. Thing is when I put them out I get too busy to put more out so my business goes up and down. I have tried to hire someone to hand out flyers but they haven't really done them. Its hard to motivate someone to push for your business.

Every year I do less and less but it works as a reminder for my existing custy's too.

I just don't think mine look vary professional, but they do work.

Thanks,
Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
Al said:
1. Water temperatures above 150 degrees will destroy dust
mites, fleas, and ticks living in your carpet.

Thats a pretty bold claim, I wouldn't use it.

8)

I stole that from someone else in the area.

Keith

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I've heard textiles dissipate heat too rapidly for an atomized hot water spray to be effective at killing much of anything. Especially ticks. They're tough little boogers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom