my first hat trick

Name
Ron lippold
I had three walk ups today, although one of them called the cops on me. I was cleaning and the lady from across the street and told me to turn off the machine, keep in mind this is 4:00 pm. A few minutes later her next door neighbor came over when she got home from work, i went over did a est and moved my truck right in front of the ladys house that was bitching abouit the noise. fired her up and set up my hose did my job. boy was that lady pissed when the cop told her to go inside and quit complaning.

priceless 8)

Walt

That kind of thing used to ruin my day when I had a V. Though I had a legal right to do what I was doing, I just couldn't stop thinking the entire time that I was bothering an entire neighborhood.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
How loud are those things? You should probably be wearing ear plugs when operating the famed Vortex.

Name
Ron lippold
to me noise is not a issue. you should hear all the voices in my head. It will get you noticed but its kinda soothing shiteatinggrin

Walt

I measured my 2004 6008 at 110 dbs at the machine running full tilt. The current owner insulated the box to quiet it down. He says it made a big difference.

I rarely wore ear plugs, but wish I had.

Definitely not soothing.

Name
George Valliant
Noise w/ my Vortex isn't an issue either. I like being able to wake the dead.

My goal is to install a stereo system in the cab loud enough to cover up the noise with music.

"For Those About to ROCK! - We Salute You" - AC/DC.

Name
Ron lippold
shawn i was thinking of you yesterday as i was running 24 flow and washing some really nasty carpet. Great truck shawn.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always wore earplugs when I had my WM....and it wasn't half as loud as the V
I learned to wear them while operationg heavy equipment for the City years ago.
I wish I could have worn them when I did all those live shows...hard to sing and wear ear plugs....but the guitarist can where them....and turn his amp all the way up...I never understood that one.
Anyway,
If you value your hearing, where ear protection.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have only had one complain the the 13 months I have owned mine, and I really think the reason for that complaint was my fault; not the V's. I was cleaning an empty rental after dark and I parked the V in the driveway between the two houses. Sitting between two small (1200 s.f) homes made the noise really loud and the couple next door had a baby they wanted to put down for the night in a room right next to the machine.

I almost always park in the street now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have only had one complaint in the time I have been running mine.....but it was nothing to worry about....some guy called and threatened to call EPA ( I don't know..don't ask) on me....he was about 3 doors down and across the street and said he had triple pain windows and I was still hurting his hearing.....Tia called and told me all this and it did not take her long to figure out that it was not a good day and called the guy back and told him I would be done pretty quick and it may not be wise for him to come down there......when I finished I looked down the street and there he was..some little insecure man standing out in his yard staring at me with a long thick coat on in the middle of summer and he was holding it up around his neck like he was standing in the Alaskan wilderness or had just been gang raped buy the local thugs.....I just stood there and stared at him and he decided to go inside his house....If I would of yelled boo he would of wet himself......

I don't do apartments..but if we get called into a place like a town home we just make sure that it get done in the middle of the day because of the echo that it has when parked in these tight spaces......always try to park out on the street.....works out better for everyone.....

-JB-

Name
JB
i was running 24 flow

you ever do the bucket test on that yet?

Did it in a 12 flow Evolution> 2.5 gpm.

With the Steamin Demon> 2.5 gpm,
(dunno where they come up w/the 4 gpm claim!)

Name
Ron lippold
jets are 18 months probally a little worn i will do another test tomorrow. back in the day at 600 psi it was right under 4 gallons in a minute

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I could just see you now, Ron. :lol:

I have never had a complaint about the noise from the AT, except Harper complaining because he couldn't hear his own machine sputtering at the same time.

The sound is very soothing. I like to listen to mine right before my afternoon nap and in between my two jobs for the week. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom