My First Time Use of Sapphire's Uph Tool (See Update)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I used my new Sapphire uph tool today. Here's my review.
#2- Adjustable flow rate
#3- Light
#4- Trigger Lock (more on this later)
#5- I thought it reached into corners etc. well

Dislikes:
#1- Trigger handle very flimsy, had to turn pressure down on the truck before it would depress the value button
#2- Don't care for the plastic glide, wish it were teflon
#3- Like to never got the trigger lock to go into position, actually I held tool while tech pushed it back on trigger to hold it open, then had to use alot of force to unlock. I presume this will get easier as it's used more and wears a groove into the locking mechanism
#4- Hose kinked on me twice on first use, however I was putting it into a bind and may have added to this happening, although I think the hose is "too" flexible

Notes:
#1- I think I will place a Golf Drivers Cover over it to keep the plastic glide from getting knicked and scratched, I can see that leading to snagging fiber later on.

Not that it matters coming from me but I would give it about a 7-8 on a scale of 10

My new $230 driver came with a protective cover 10 years ago. So now that I have beat that driver up and retired it I thought what a great use for the sock! Also, it will give me a constant reminder that I need to go out and hit the ball more often!
SapUphTool001.jpg

SapUphTool002.jpg

lol

Re: My First Time Use of Sapphire's Uph Tool

I have been using an enclosed spray pmf for 9 years.

Not one complaint.

If I want to mist and vac, I can.

It cleans perfect and no overspray. Works good at low and higher pressures.

I have never used an internal spray. They make one that has a bypass to keep the water flowing and HOT.

It's not 500 dollars either.

Check it out Billy. I guarantee you will like it. It's good to have several tools on hand.

http://www.***************/store/detail ... -8396.html

Bob Foster

BLewis said:
think I will place a Golf Drivers Cover over it to keep the plastic glide from getting knicked and scratched, I can see that leading to snagging fiber later on.

Cheap and workable

laundrybag.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

BLewis said:
Not that it matters coming from me

hell yea it does, Billy
you're not a "rookie" anymore and you've always been a straight shooter .
never been a blow hard either.
The posts and threads about your jobs never come off as "tooting your horn" like some.
They come off as a "regular guy in the trenches" sharing his experiences

My spidy senses tell me you're just a genuine good dude....and my spidy senses are rarely ever wrong !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

BLewis said:
Notes:
#1- I think I will place a Golf Drivers Cover over it to keep the plastic glide from getting knicked and scratched, I can see that leading to snagging fiber later on.

I think I just found a use for those big bulky wool hunting socks that have been in my dresser drawer for 20 years. Thanks

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just got home from that big carpet/uph job today. I gave the new Sapphire Upholstery Tool a real workout today.

Well, the hose continues to be a problem, but replacement coming soon
SapUphTool2006.jpg

Did 115 chairs today in approx 3-4 hours! Pictured is my 19 year old son going at it.
SapUphTool2003.jpg

No new surprises today, the locking mechanism as I thought was already becoming managable after just a few uses, so no longer an issue. I have to say I did about 75 of the chairs and my son did the rest but I will say without a doubt that this is a fantastic tool! After doing this I had no finger cramps, arms, hands, nothing was sore or tired.

So, for high volumn upholstery work without a doubt the SS Uph Tool would be the ONLY way to GO! I will end by saying I love this tool. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

lance

Billy, what did you use to prespray the chairs with? Did you have any over-spray?

Do you wipe down the chair after your done cleaning or just clean the fabric areas?

Thanks.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Today we used Sapphires Upholstery Cleaner and it did real good. Yes we wipe arms and any overspray. As u can see from the pic there was a 15 x 15 area carpet that we cleaned about 80 of the chairs on. If at a home and uph is on carpet that u are going to clean then clean uph first, then carpet. If on wood or laminate we use blankets. Oh I sometimes use s pump up sprayer but in this instance I use my hydroforce with pressure turned down with the valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom