MY homework

Quinn

OK. Still doing my research. How about this? Mytee 1003 DX Speedster- 2 1000 watt heaters, Run one or both depending on power source. Fully adjustable 500 PSI, 2 triple stage vac, 12 gal recovery, 12 gal solution. I can also get a package deal, which would include hoses ,wand , blower and I believe stair or upholstery tool. Around $2,600 Wacha think.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
That would be an excellent start. Get a hydroforce for your prespray and a used 175 to precondition bad areas and you will be kicking out the jams.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I concur with my esteemed colleague Sir Arther of mEEchigan

if there's anywhere we might disagree , it would be on the Hydroforce in-line sprayer .
Do get a used rotary..not only to pre-scrub ratholes, but also as a stand alone bonnet cleaning system for light soil commercial carpets .
a Hydrosoaker sprayer will be useless for that endeavor ...I think you "need" a good stand alone sprayer .
Electric sprayers are the cat's azz..but a good 2 or 3 gal pump-up is fine too.
Solo brand at Lowes or Home Depot are good sprayers ...buy the best one they have

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd ditch the heater and use agitation or better chems. My experience is that electrical draw for the heater won't allow you to use it enough to be worth the cost. Plus to get any real heat, you'd have to restrict the flow, which is ok for upholstery but counter productive for carpet cleaning. Save the heater money!

The wand, stair, and upholstery tool are only a deal if they are good tools. If they are not tools you will use then you are better off buying them separate. Do you have a picture of them?

Quinn

Richard C. said:
I'd ditch the heater and use agitation or better chems. My experience is that electrical draw for the heater won't allow you to use it enough to be worth the cost. Plus to get any real heat, you'd have to restrict the flow, which is ok for upholstery but counter productive for carpet cleaning. Save the heater money!

The wand, stair, and upholstery tool are only a deal if they are good tools. If they are not tools you will use then you are better off buying them separate. Do you have a picture of them?
NO I don't have pic. But I wouldn't know a good wand, stair, or upholstery tool if I saw one. So maybe your right I should probably check every thing out seperately, it may be a couple hundred more. But if I ditched the heat as you say I would probably come out ahead or close. I also have to see if shipping charges are a screw job or not. Any how I would appreciate any info of knowledge from you or anyothers about good affordable wand, upholstery,stair or rotary brushes. Who carries them and if they would fit the machine or not. I have to find out size and length of hoses yet. But I am looking at two companies, so I gots more home work to do. Thanks for info from all of you. PS I am 6'3 so I need a long wand. How's that go? Long wand = Long something or other.

Quinn

Yea its me again. Any how if I got 500 PSI. How much PSI do I use on carpets, and will turning down PSI also turn down CFM's, or does the CFM stay the same???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pictures would help, most use PMF or similar tool so you may not have too many options. However it could be they are making you a great deal on the tools or they could just be unloading some slow moving high margin tools.

Might as well check it out.

With a portable I'd not clean more than 250-300 PSI, TM's 500 psi is fine.
It will dry faster with you psi down lower and use less water too.

Name
Lee Stockwell
CFM is a measure of vacuum (the Woosh!) The more woosh, the more CFM. Your EAR will be your best measure of how well your cfm is doing, or conversely, if something is clogged or leaking air on the vacuum side.

PSI is water pressure.

No connection.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom