MY hxers were just a little dirty. Question Harper.

I had a problem with the throttle body and my machine was running rich. I fixed the throttle body and installed new plugs, but I also knew my hxers were probably dirty. Taking them out was a major pita and this was an all day ordeal. One of the hoses melted to the brass fitting so I had to cut it and luckily I still had enough hose to get it back on.

Harper if you read this I have a question for you. We talked earlier about cleaning or flushing the blower out. On both of my prochem machines the blower exhaust passes through the heat exchangers. You mentioned using a gerneral purpose cleaner. I am no mechanic but won't soapy slimy solution such as purple power or simple green clog the heat exchangers by leaving a film or will that help keep them clean? I guess my question is how do you flush the blower without having the solution pass over the exchangers? Do you have to pull the exchangers first. If so then that is a major job. I sucked some foam through my blower when cleaning tile with my Legend and my hxers seemed to get dirty real fast.

IMAG01871.jpg

IMAG01881.jpg

IMAG01901.jpg

IMAG01911.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I think he is helping a friend out when I talked with him yesterday. He won't be gone long - he NEEDS this place. Harp is always helping someone out..... :wink:

I may have to check on him tomorrow if he doesn't pop up.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
as far as flushing a blower out...
WTF would you put soap OR a degreaser thru it...??

THAT'S what yor tryin' to GET OUT...
clear water only...spin dry..and WD!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not familiar with blower HX'ers
but wouldn't think dirty/mucky water that comes out of a flushed blower would be a good thing for them

can anyone that knows WTH they're talking about answer, Dan's question???

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
With a unit that runs a heat exchanger after the blower, you do not want to "flush" the blower with the heat exchanger in place. Anything you dislodge will only cause additional fouling of the heat exchanger. To clean the exchanger, you have to remove it and first "pull" the accumulated material off the face fins, then soak and rinse with force from the other side, thus preventing any fouling from going any deeper.

Shawn Forsythe said:
With a unit that runs a heat exchanger after the blower, you do not want to "flush" the blower with the heat exchanger in place. Anything you dislodge will only cause additional fouling of the heat exchanger. To clean the exchanger, you have to remove it and first "pull" the accumulated material off the face fins, then soak and rinse with force from the other side, thus preventing any fouling from going any deeper.

Exactly. I asked my supplier about that today and they did acknowledge that they butler manual recommends it and that the butler is set up completely different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom