My New Bulter Christmas Present to me!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Mark, is the 5 year warranty on everything or only parts of the van? Since the van is a direct drive, how is that affecting the van manufacture warranty? Do they warranty the Butler with the van or is it a separate warranty from Butler?

Sorry guys I never dealt with direct drive types so I don't know how that works..

Hey Zee,

The 5 year 100 K mile warranty is on the van and Butler does offer a 10 year warranty on the Butler unit. I did the rebuilt unit (which still had all new parts) but it is only warrantied for 1 year. They still have been very good if you have any problems even after a warranty were gone and it could be something mechanically related to the build of the unit.

We have a 93 butler unit still around in a GMC 1 ton that has over 250 K miles and almost 12,000 hours on it. Just got a small oil leak this past year, but the current owner (my High School Band Director) still cleans with it part time. The body is getting rusty and always needing attention, but it still cleans like crazy!

Daniel, I currently do have the 3 decked out units, but I have sold the older of the 3 units to my Brother Dave in our Bemidji, MN account. If I decide to do 3 units, I will buy another new Butler.

tmdry, I sure was tempted to keep the 3rd unit, but decided I was running out of room. I do have enough family with skills to run 3 units sometimes and it could be tempting, but it is not everyday yet we would need that. We are still out running 2 vans most everyday and it is nice on the larger homes doing so. It is also nice to be able to keep up with the demand of the schedule when the "I need it today" people call.

Mark

Mikey P

Administrator
Lucky fooker, you got that sort of face people trust and want to do biz with and and you got a cute chimpmonk to come home too.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mikey P said:
Lucky fooker, you got that sort of face people trust and want to do biz with and and you got a cute chimpmonk to come home too.

Just made me laugh and spit all over the computer screen...

Mark

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Congrats Mark!

Thanks again for your very generous help in maxing the performance of my new Butler. I can't believe how much it has increased my productivity. I come home smiling every day. The 200 fresh and 210 waste tanks, the 100ft of 2.5" hose that rolls up so easy on the electric reel and the all day rear filter box has increased by daily profit by a large margin. And, best of all, I still can park my EXT van in my home garage. Winter is going to so nice keeping all the doors shut while cleaning!

Tip for Butler users: if you don't like cleaning filter bags, get some devastator filter disposable liner bags from Joe Bristor. They fit perfectly in the filter box as a liner inside the stock bag. $0.59 each. End of day, just replace and go.

What water softener are going to install?

I put a Kinetico 2020C HF in mine with a 100,000 gallon high flow 3M AP903 chlorine and sediment filter and it is awesome. I installed it on the left shelf right beside the 90 gallon aux tank. I plumbed the discharge water into the back of the waste tank where there is a spare fitting. Works beautifully. Fully automatic. Just add salt every couple of weeks.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Marty said:
Or, go to Home Depot and get some paint sprayer filter bags ... they are the same.

That is how frustrating it is to live in Canuck land. Home depot, Lowes and Rona in Canada do not carry those! Also, even in the US, I think they cost several time more then Joes's volume price.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Bill Soukoreff said:
Congrats Mark!

Thanks again for your very generous help in maxing the performance of my new Butler. I can't believe how much it has increased my productivity. I come home smiling every day. The 200 fresh and 210 waste tanks, the 100ft of 2.5" hose that rolls up so easy on the electric reel and the all day rear filter box has increased by daily profit by a large margin. And, best of all, I still can park my EXT van in my home garage. Winter is going to so nice keeping all the doors shut while cleaning!

Tip for Butler users: if you don't like cleaning filter bags, get some devastator filter disposable liner bags from Joe Bristor. They fit perfectly in the filter box as a liner inside the stock bag. $0.59 each. End of day, just replace and go.

What water softener are going to install?

I put a Kinetico 2020C HF in mine with a 100,000 gallon high flow 3M AP903 chlorine and sediment filter and it is awesome. I installed it on the left shelf right beside the 90 gallon aux tank. I plumbed the discharge water into the back of the waste tank where there is a spare fitting. Works beautifully. Fully automatic. Just add salt every couple of weeks.

Not a problem and glad to hear things are going well!

I have the Hydro force large water softners. I am maybe going to change up the placement this time in my new one. I did mount mine in the 08 behind the Freshwater tank, but might acutally put it behind the hose reel this time. Gonna play with the set up a bit. I carry too much stuff all the time!

Mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom