My new concrete driveway...sealing questions

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd like to apply some sort of sealer that will help with the freeze/thaw we'll have here as well as oil drips..Any suggestions that are not topicals and would last more than 2 months here at 4800 ft?

The Pod truck already caused a crack on a corner, if I get some sort of flexible material in there soon should that help keep the crack from getting worse?

@Cameron DeMille
@ted mcfadden

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Careful with sealers.

My father when he was alive had a new drive put in at his old home and it was slick as hell in the rain & in the winter.

I think they put too much product down. It was that way for years, may still be that way but my mother moved to a new home so I don't know.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hell I thought it was Teflon. Nothing stuck to it. Made it easy to snow blow...except you had a hard time not falling down.

If I remember my father thought they shorted him so he had them do it twice. :eekk:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Different types of sealers , you have to choose one that allows the concrete to breathe. Otherwise it could possibly crack even more over time because of the moisture underneath the concrete not being able to escape.

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The Pod truck already caused a crack on a corner, if I get some sort of flexible material in there soon should that help keep the crack from getting worse?

Yes, if enough water gets in and below the crack, when froze it will cause that area to lift. Ice pushing it up, then down, over and over. Even worse on an asphalt driveway or road.

the freeze/thaw we'll have here

How cold does it get at the new digs? 31.5????

Mikey P

Administrator
lhaq15455.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom