My new favorite Powder Prespray.

Mikey P

Administrator
Masterblend Redline.

Easily mixed, easily boosted, easily cleans most residential messes, easily rinsed and most importunately for me..
It doesn't smell, ALMOST NOTHING.

I still reach for the O2 for wools and pet jobs though.

What's your favorite Powder on this boring Sunday night?

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
It's got a mild soap smell to it. Similar dry slurry. It's an enzyme based product with a Ph level of 11.6. Like I said it worked really well for food based soil.

Prochem Powerstrike or Powerburst. They get the job done for me day in and day out. I just got back from a large restaurant job. This is a very upsacale classy restaurant and I could not believe all the gum in the carpet. We got there at 3 pm and did not get finished until 8:15. The guy said the last company did such a great job with a portable. I could not imagine cleaning this place with a portable because I worked non-stop with a helper and truckmount with a 100 gallon tank and it took me 5 hours. I had my longest hose run of the year (250ft), and the Everest was pouring steam and sucking hard on low :). I still can't figure out why the dang machine will not run in medium or high with one wand without getting too hot. I am waiting on Prochem to call me back on this one.

Mikey P said:
I see that one come up a lot here, what does it smell like?

Powerburst smells like floor stripper and should be used for restaurants or vacants. If your ballsy like me use Powerstrike for residential non stain-resistant carpet or something milder for wool etc. I have been using it for about three years with no problems.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
danielc said:
Prochem Powerstrike or Powerburst. They get the job done for me day in and day out. I just got back from a large restaurant job. This is a very upsacale classy restaurant and I could not believe all the gum in the carpet. We got there at 3 pm and did not get finished until 8:15. The guy said the last company did such a great job with a portable. I could not imagine cleaning this place with a portable because I worked non-stop with a helper and truckmount with a 100 gallon tank and it took me 5 hours. I had my longest hose run of the year (250ft), and the Everest was pouring steam and sucking hard on low :). I still can't figure out why the dang machine will not run in medium or high with one wand without getting too hot. I am waiting on Prochem to call me back on this one.

What year is your Everest? I've got the same machine 2 years old but don't have that problem. Do you have your heat lever off all of the way?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Torn said:
It's got a mild soap smell to it. Similar dry slurry. It's an enzyme based product with a Ph level of 11.6. Like I said it worked really well for food based soil.

PowerBurst Smells like azz. Nothing Mild about it. He was right about it kicking azz. It outcleaned a prespray of PH 12.5 at a Jap Steak House the other night.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like the power burst also... boosted with citrus pro, and about 10-12oz of vol. 40.(per hydroforce) I really don't think anything can come close. Just don't put the cap on to tight if you don't use it all. :shock:

Powerburst alone is a great product, but I have found the mixture above kicks ass for any nasty.

ACE said:
Torn said:

PowerBurst Smells like azz. Nothing Mild about it. He was right about it kicking azz. It outcleaned a prespray of PH 12.5 at a Jap Steak House the other night.

Thats because Powerburst is an enzyme cleaner or an amino acid also known as a catalyst that speeds up chemical reactions. Flex or other very high PH non-enzyme presprays just don't cut protein grease like Powerburst. I also tried Pros Choice Prozyme and liked it but it did clump when mixing and Powerburst has never done that.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Seems to work great?? You might be right though.... Anybody? :?

ACE said:
I would think the peroxide would kill the enzymes.

You can't kill an enzyme as it is not a living organism. You can kill bacteria which produce enzymes. Enzymes are simply amino acids that break down proteins. They are catalysts which speed up the time a chemical reation takes to occur. :wink:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Extreme clean has always worked for me. Add some 20 vol if it's bad. 1 scoop per gallon does the job.

I had a sample of redline, it worked well on a rental. I can only get cti and prochem at the supplier here.

tim

I like Extreme Clean as it is half the dilution rate of Powerburst, doesnt need to be mixed hot, and dissolves better. If I need an enzyme I boost it with Enzall. Enzall mixes better than Powerburst. All clean very well

CleanEvo

Not a pre-spray, but my favorite powder right now is Prochem Dry-Slurry.

Lately for pre-spray I've been using up some stuff I had on the shelf for a while and it's actually been pretty impressive, doesn't smell and it's all natural.... Carbonated Solutions Soap Free Carbonated pre-spray.

Name
Eric Valentine
I have been using Extreme Clean lately, and am pleased with the results. Redline prespray also seems to work well for me.

Mikey P said:
Masterblend Redline.

Easily mixed, easily boosted, easily cleans most residential messes, easily rinsed and most importunately for me..
It doesn't smell, ALMOST NOTHING.

I still reach for the O2 for wools and pet jobs though.

What's your favorite Powder on this boring Sunday night?

who is the disty on here?

TimP

John Olson can probably get masterblend too, that's where I got my soap free.

I use O2 for residential, if it needs high ph I've been using extreme clean. If that don't get it with a roto scrub I say screw it. :)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FCC said:
/

think I've finally settled on Cobb's powermax and PC's Extreme Clean (love the smell)

seem to end up doing much less work/ post spotting

ditto...except i dont use PC stuff

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I like Soapfree, Redline, and bio break for the residential places

Pembertons hooked me up with everything i got..

klewis4

I like Klenz by Kleenrite. Also mixes easy and works really well on residentials. Have been using it all summer. Also very little odor with Klenz. I have a couple cases of O2. Haven't used them, I prefer the Klenz and it's cheaper. I buy it in 40lb containers from JonDon for a little more than 170.00.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom