My new Hydrokinetic Tool

Name
Bill Soukoreff
It's hard to describe and my camera is not working. But the glide has a bow or curve to it along the sides. Is that normal? Seems kind of odd.

Some other questions for those of you who have used them for a awhile:

Also, how long before the glide wears and those two flathead screws become a danger of snagging?

Looks like a pain to change the jet, you have to take off the valve by pushing out the pin. Do you need a new pin after, or is it reusable?

Looks pretty hard to do piping with it?

Otherwise, it cleans amazing. Lot's off flow makes for great heat. Left the fabric dryer than the older Drimaster tool. I like having a trigger.

Name
Nate W.
I got the kinetic tool. Had it for 8 months and been used frequently. I also asked myself how long with the glide hold up before the screws become a problem. I do have some wear marks on mines from zippers on the cushions, but nothing big. A glide shouldn't be that expensive. Ask Lisa of GG. Jeff told me they made the glides for it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Ron, you must bought yours before they started attaching the glides by the two screws that are countersunk.

Thanks, Nate, I can see that it would take very long time for that to happen and by then you might want to replace the glide anyway or just counter sink a little more the two screws. There is a lot of teflon on these tools.

It is the most solid feeling upholstery tool I have ever used.

I now also see that it is not a pin that holds in the valve, it is actually two very tiny allen head set screws. I think 5/64th. So that's cool.

Man does this baby clean! I can't wait to do more upholstery with it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes, my teflon head is friction fit, no screws to worry about.
I discovered those allan screws too, keep them tight or the spray will get out of adjustment.

Bill Soukoreff said:
It is the most solid feeling upholstery tool I have ever used.

I now also see that it is not a pin that holds in the valve, it is actually two very tiny allen head set screws. I think 5/64th. So that's cool.

Man does this baby clean! I can't wait to do more upholstery with it.

thats how I felt the first time I used it.
I think the only challenge I've had is that the head gets heavy.

Watch the heat! When that water is flowing that head gets hot on the hand!! just like a greenhorn tube

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've had mine for 6 months and love it. You can flush extra if you want, make as many dry passes as you want, use higher water pressure if you want. I' m not sure if mine has screws and I'm to tired right now to go out to the truck and look. I also use it to spray off the haison cleaner from the fringes on rugs. I had and have an older drimaster but never get it out anymore.

www.cleancarpetwizards.com

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
mine looks pretty much the same, but no screws and not much curve.
I would think its going to take a LONG time for uph fabric to wear that teflon down to the screws. Mine stays on so tight its a pain to get off, don't know why they thought it needed screws.

any curve shouldn't be a challenge. The fabric gets sucked up into the holes and the water sprays across there, Thats the working area there.

I don't have as much crook in my trigger either. :wink:
I use mine with 400-600psi, no probs. Could probably clean curtains with it. I've already done syn verticals. Worked great.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Gene, Hydroforce bought the rights to it from Steamway. So now you will hear more about this great tool.

Thanks for the pics Fred. In the fourth pic down you can see a very slight inward bow or curve. On mine it is more pronounced but like Ron said, it seems to makes no difference.

Is Lisa still making the glides for them? That's great if she is.

I really think these are going to take off in sales, especially with Jim Pemberton endorsing them!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
gene, steamway is the company that sells the hydrokinetic tool.

is there anybody that has the new drimaster and the hydrokinetic?
if so which one do you use more and why do you have both?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My supplier offered one to me for cheap but it looked a little bulky. Maybe I should take it for a test clean.

Gene

Greenie

Bill Soukoreff said:
Gene, Hydroforce/Interlink Supply bought the rights to it from Steamway. So now you will hear more about this great tool.

Is Lisa still making the glides for them? That's great if she is.

YES she is, they will be around for a long time.

I really think these are going to take off in sales, especially with Jim Pemberton endorsing them!

There aren't too many Uph tools you can unhook your Greenhorn at 500 psi and go right to your Uph. tool without skipping a beat...that tool is a money maker, and I must say that glide is a work of art :wink:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I like the concept of the "Hydrokinetic" tool...

but I think the glide is too large.

It needs to be shorter from the front of tool to the back.

I like the new HydraMaster DriTool for more ability to clean in tight areas.

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I wouldn't change the length of the glide as you suggest. It lays nice and flat along the fabric this way.

What I would change, is its thickness along the sides, make it just a bit thinner so that it can get into the tight areas as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom