My new life and business (commercial).

A

amazingcleansc

Mikeysboard is going to be my sandbox. you can send me a private message with any questions.

Craigslist posting service. Cant afford a banner but anyone Mikeysboard who wants it can use it absolutely free for this coming month (october)

All i want is feedback.

Becker

Name
Becker
Brent told me a local guy uses flagging software to flag all competing ads in the carpet cleaning category.

And of course that pisses everyone off and they all start flagging each other.

So for Snohomish, of the Seattle CL you will often never see an unflagged ad.

Russ Goddard

Interesting concept and perhaps scalable, since you can post to Craigslist from anywhere. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Craigslist will not allow postings that are exact repeats or even very similar to another recent posting. So if you want to post daily, some creative rewording or reorganizing of the ad is necessary. Is that part of the service and/or how do you get around this?

2. If someone wants to post to several categories, is this done at additional charge?

Craigslist can be a good tool. My wife built her housecleaning business from absolute zero to fully booked within just a few months, using nothing but Craigslist and referrals.

A

amazingcleansc

Russ those are good questions. You can post an image to us which, to my knowledge, can remain the same every time.

Also, according to Craigslist, this is tied to your personal account, which you are not posting from.

I have yet to run into a problem with wording, but the way that the service is implemented, we could reword if it were a problem.

Becker

Name
Becker
Lol.

I said snohomish within Seattle cl.

The guy flagging target snohomish. Brent would have more info. Or do a search for cl flagging software.

Btw. No carpet cleaning ads now for snoho. Must have been flagged.

I've not even tried to post to cl for months. But last winter it did bring in some work before the games.

Yeah. Not sure how you would get around the similar posting in different markets. Each day will be fine. Even if the earlier ad has yet to expire or be removed.
How about that. there is one ad for carpet cleaners there and it was just posted

Ads get posted. But are gone within an hour.

Brent even sez he knows who is doing it. And has talked to the guy on the phone.

A

amazingcleansc

yeah i checked that area. you are right, there would be ads normally but they are all getting removed

Becker

Name
Becker
Been going on for about 5 months..

Good luck with your new venture though.

I used CL last winter.
It worked, landed some nice jobs, I know others that have gotten some nice jobs from the site.

My ads were HTML flashy almost web page looking with links taking the shopper off CL and to my site or else where to gather information on my company.

I got a few heavy price shoppers, but they were easily weeded.

But I have to tell you. Re-posting my ad was simple.

I saved the HTML code to my iphone and re-posted it daily between jobs. Or when I got an email stated it was flagged.

Not sure how much competitor flagging goes on in other markets.

Let us know how you do...

GL!

Name
Nate W.
We already have Brian R. here. We don't need another one! shiteatinggrin

Can't say the NY guys here didn't warn you....... !dork!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nate The Great said:
We already have Brian R. here. We don't need another one! shiteatinggrin

Can't say the NY guys here didn't warn you....... !dork!

I was waiting for something like that. I wasn't even going to post in here. :| :lol:

Good luck with the new venture.

Mikey P

Administrator
Since you're going to be pissing in MY sand box why don't you give me a free month?

Or 22.....

Or buy a banner like Corky does.

If it leads to nothing but white trash price shoppers I'll bail.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you think there are only 2 carpet cleaners on the board trying to take your money

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
Since you're going to be pissing in MY sand box why don't you give me a free month?

Or 22.....

Or buy a banner like Corky does.

If it leads to nothing but white trash price shoppers I'll bail.

actually I wouldnt mind doing this next month free for anyone who wants to check it out. I'm still in "beta" so I can make sure my anti ghosting skills are up to snuff for my daily posting.

email me, palliotet

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
completely ignored my request on how to buy his service....Oh well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom