My new set up

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
You may remember last summer I purchased a Masters Touch unit with 480 hours mounted in a trailer. $9k for everything. I HATED THE TRAILER!! Having a trailer is good for some but not me. It also sucks for Idaho winters. So I have been looking for a used van and I think I found a great one. Its a 2002 Ram 1 ton extended with 49,000 miles. I only paid $4k for the van! The Idaho State Gov had it.
I modified the Powerclean unit to 2.5 inch. I really like the APO. I have never done an install before. It was kinda fun.

100_1618.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1619.jpg

100_1621.jpg

It was a window van but never had seats in it. I used Hurcliner on the floor.
100_1570.jpg

I made a drip pan out of a sheet of aluminum I got out of the scrap yard for $7.oo
100_1571.jpg

I had to rent a cherry picker to move the machine.
100_1572.jpg

I have never had a machine out the back so i thought I would try it. Jury is still out on that decision.
Drip pan finished.
100_1573.jpg

100_1615.jpg

I mounted the electric hose reel out the side. I Hurculined the hose reel as well.
100_1611.jpg

I added a 100 gallon fresh tank. I also built a chem shelf to the top of it. I made it out of wood I had around the house. Herculined in too.
100_1612.jpg

Plenty of room for my RX20, vacuum, 2 airpaths, 2 normal fans, and my RV360i

100_1610.jpg

I even built the Hyrdraforce and block holders out of scrap i had around the house.
100_1609.jpg

The van drives like a deam, except it turns like a pig! Tons of power but the 5.9 liter sucks the gas. I have $7k ( - $2k for the trailer ) into the machine, hose reels etc. I have $4k into the van. $1k into the fresh tank, lettering, and other stuff. I think I did well.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
joeynbgky said:
Thats pretty! Did you paint the van black? It looks like a new paint job!

Yep $500 Maco special. this is what it looked like.

100_1507.jpg

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Doc Holliday said:
I've never been fond of the Dodge vans, but looks awesome! Great job Adam!

I have had 1 Chevy and several Fords. The Chevy sucked! Complete POS. The Fords have been great. First time with a Dodge. We will see.....

Adam have you tried the new Redline formula with citrus and enzymes?

I have been using it for a couple months and really like it.

Jimbo

Nice work, Adam! The Dodge vans seem to last a really long time!

I have a van project...

1990 Chevrolet 1 Ton Extended...4x4...it is one I owned for about 14 years...sold it to a buddy a while back...and just bought it back!

Put a new GM Performance Engine in a month or two back...

DSCN0025.jpg

I could not get it to run right...even hired an ASE mechanic to check it out...Now it's at the big Chevy dealer here getting warranty work on the engine...hopefully a new crate engine...or heads at least...seems that the rocker studs are pulling out of the head for some unknown reason.

DSCN0026.jpg

I plan on tricking it out a bit...new seats...UPOL bedliner inside...3/4" horse trailer rubber matting on the floor...some light body work...a fresh paint job...probably Maaco!...some Hummer 17 x 8.5 wheels...maybe a sign on the outside...oh yeah..it needs a rockin' stereo...then move the PC Everest into the 4x4!

Walt

Nice work Adam. Makes me want to do a project van.

Are you running two trucks now?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have two trucks but the work for 1/2 of one. :roll:

Equipment rich......job poor :lol:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lima bean 2!!!!!!!!!!

looks good....

did you have to tape it up in order to get it for $500??

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
floorguy said:
lima bean 2!!!!!!!!!!

looks good....

did you have to tape it up in order to get it for $500??

They sponsored the LV bowl and our BSU team was in it. Specials after the game.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Thats a sweet low buck setup. !gotcha! How hard is it to get to the vitals to fix things on the Truckmount? I want to do something similar with a long wheel base, soon. Nice rig. :mrgreen:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
cleann4kids said:
Nice set up!

Its a jack up Lima Bean!

Will it fit in your garage? for the winter

It fits by about 2 inches. The house we are buying and moving into soon has a hug 3 car garage. With 10 foot doors and 36 feet deep so it will be great.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
That "The Master's Touch" is, I believe, a PowerClean Freedom 47. Good machine. (Got one.) Even though PowerClean is out of biz, components are common and readily available.

PM me if you can use a copy of the owner's manual or if I can help you with a problem.

What are those three square, stacked, silver bumps on each front fender just ahead of the doors on the van?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The thing I like about the Dodge vans is that they don't really look old because they don't make them anymore.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I hope the rear mount works out for you. I had my PowerClean Victory rear mounted at first. It was in a 1 ton regular length GMC with door on both sides. I liked being able to reach everything while standing on the ground, but I had to yank it out and side mount it cuz it was way to hard to work on in the rear. Lord only knows how many hours I've spent re-engineering this poorly designed unit.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Reminds me of the A-Team van...get BA & Murdock as helpers...I pity the fools who don't get their carpets cleaned!! "I love it when a spot removal comes together"...

O.k. that's enough :mrgreen:

Great job Adam, looks good!

Back
Top Bottom