Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Andrecelle sent me a 1st draft of my new site... Its looking good

its .................http://carpet-cleaning-bowling-green.com/..... BUt Billy Hicks is. http://www.carpetcleaningbowlinggreen.com So if my customer forgets the -'s they will get him... So I think that url needs changed..

Heres my old site..........www.freshaircleans.com How do the two compare?

Andrecelle is doing a good job............ Like she said its only the first draft..

Joey you don't need to worry about changing it I'm fine with the extra advertising :lol: :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:

Coincidentally we will be in your area Tuesday maybe we can go to lunch.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joeynbgky said:
Andrecelle sent me a 1st draft of my new site... Its looking good

its .................http://carpet-cleaning-bowling-green.com/..... BUt Billy Hicks is. http://www.carpetcleaningbowlinggreen.com So if my customer forgets the -'s they will get him... So I think that url needs changed..

Heres my old site..........www.freshaircleans.com How do the two compare?

Andrecelle is doing a good job............ Like she said its only the first draft..

That door swings both ways. Search bot see different words with dashes in them instead of one big one without. So you should do a little better in the rating because of it. Not much....but a little.

I'll check out the site and get back to you.
Cermack is probably ready to smack me for saying that....it was said with love. shiteatinggrin

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Not much... but i have a problem with yellowbook right now... Some how they have made me 4 different websites with different phone numbers(tracking numbers i guess) and everyone i call doesnt know how to fix it... but man am i getting exposure on google and such wow.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Really quick

Your link goes to your site with a "Page Not Found
We're sorry, but the page you are looking for isn't here.

Try searching for the page you are looking for or using the navigation in the header or sidebar"
You can click the home page and then it's good...but that's one too many steps.

I'm sure Cermack knows this and you did say it's just a "Draft" so it will be cool I'm sure

Phone number and info get hidden in the background...change the color of the font or change the background.
Move the phone number to the upper right corner and put an email link near it.

Joey, Your logo still kinda sucks...even after seeing on the vans. How much would it cost to change it? You can always do it slowly...no one will notice the transition

The way the logo lays on the cloudy background really doesn't work
I wouldn't use the cloudy background unless you used it as a background background (Where the grey is)

The kid on the carpet is good
But it looks like it was just thrown in there...I don't like the way the copy goes around it.

Hard to see that you are a carpet cleaner right away...even with the "Carpet Cleaning" listed. Doesn't stick out.

It's a very common layout and that's fine. You don't want to over do it with too much anyway.
It's simple enough to not intimidate and it's not too cluttered so it won't run anyone off.

Overall it's not bad...I am here to point out the bad mostly. That's just what I look for when critiquing.

The coloring of the tile bars look a little too corporate if you are going for the residential customer

I can see it's no where near done so I am probably wasting keystrokes telling you what Cermack already knows.

I'll wait for the finished product.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did you forward your domain to your new one? If you make it a "permanent" forward (301 I think) then it will still qualify as an old site address and keep your "history".

What was going on with the other one?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom