My Newest rental trailer

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So I took a few pics with my iphone just now before it left again (it has been gone for nearly 2 months and will be for another month in a couple weeks)

It comes with a Prochem Peak, APO, TI Ergo Wand with Back Strain Reliever,PMF Stair Tool with Back Strain Reliever, PMF TI Upholstery tool w/hide-hose, Mytee Shelves,Door Guard,Wall Buddies,Tool Box with tools and repair kits, 2gl Pump Sprayer, Hydro-Force, 50' 2.5" House, 300' 2 Hose, 350 Solutions Hose, Electric 300' Vac House, 3 Solution hose with custom Bracket, 50' Pump Out hose, 100' fresh water hose, back door alarm, lights inside front and back, lights outside front and back, insulated inside and under neither,Thompson water sealed paneling, sprayed in Herculiner, 2 rakes and an Airpath. I think thats everything.. :) It can be yours for $28500 or you can rent it for $150 a day plus Fuel if and I mean IF I like you and IF your equipment has NEVER came in for service looking like you have never thrown away a McDonald's wrapper away in your life and the only thing holding your machine together is the hardened dirt and grease that surrounds it.
:mrgreen:
ascg1.jpg

ascg2.jpg

ascg3.jpg

ascg4.jpg

ascg5.jpg

ascg6.jpg

ascg7.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You need another back up don't ya? I'd be happy to get a shipping quote for you. :mrgreen: I really want to sell this as there are a few things we want to do different like going with a 7x14 instead of the 6x10 so we can load it with restoration equipment this winter.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
$150 a day wow that is only $6.25 an hour :)

I wish I could've rented something like that when i got started. I wouldn't have had to do the porty-to small TM to big TM dance

John Olson

Name
John Olson
XTREME1 said:
$150 a day wow that is only $6.25 an hour :)

I wish I could've rented something like that when i got started. I wouldn't have had to do the porty-to small TM to big TM dance

Yes it is cheap. I do not supply the labor or insurance or fuel and you have to be a really really good customer with really really good habits. I turn down more request then I allow. 8) so you may or may not have qualified to rent it when you started out Greg.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Awesome rental setup!

I bet some of the guys that rent it out don't even have their own stuff together like that.

The only thing I would change is those lameass rakes.. I'd much rather have two carpet brushes then those rakes..

I have cleaned carpets that were permanently damaged with those rake marks. Nothing would make them go away, no matter what I tried on them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Z the guys that are allowed to rent out my trailer are outfitted nearly as nice. I don't rent it to anyone that couldn't afford to buy it if push came to shove. As for the rakes it has a rake and a brush but I took the brush off and put a second rake for this customer that has had it for 2 months.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No Vacuum. I had one in my last rental trailer and it got beat up. I thought about putting one i but decided against it. They can bring their own or buy one from me

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The last trailer set up John had was sweet as well. I like that custom reel T built, just like on the last one. But heyyyy I didn't have an electric hose reel to use. :x Good call putting the fatter gas tank, we don't want 'you know who' crushing 2-3 of the others.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John,
That is a great service that you provide to your clients.
One (of many) more reasons to do business with you.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i wish you were closer to me..there is no one in the jax area
even remotely close to being set up to take care of the massive
amount of cleaners that are here in the area..we have crown cleaning
supply that makes me want to cry if i have to stop by there..
nice people just not taken seriously at all as a store..example..
they have sg on sale have a huge sign on the counter but the employee
(the only one there) had no idea it was on sale and then as she looked
for some there was no one single drop in stock..very very common for them.
john please open a shop down here!!!!????

Name
Lee Stockwell
We have a 7x14 Wells Cargo for installation and repair stuff. Love the trailer, but it would be even better with dual axles imho.

Very nice setup John...first class.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I started doing this with a used trailer a used steam way used hose reels etc etc. I sold that and rolled it into a damaged trailer and SS 370 sold that and upgraded to this. When I sell this I will upgrade again. Everything is paid for but everything I've made has gone back in it. This is owned by a completely separate compay that has only put a couple grand in my pocket but me and the boys in the shop get to build and try new things and that is worth more the money, well almost 8)

Thanks everyone for the kind words I'll pass them on to the boys

Jamesh921

Name
James
Hey John,
Did you put a tracking device on the machine and the trailer?

Do you require a credit card number to rent it?

Do you carry full-coverage insurance on it? Is it expensive?

Ever fear that it'll get stolen and parted out?

How would you handle a breakdown that was obviously the renters fault (like failing to keep oil level full leading to a complete failure of the engine or the blower)?

Just wonderin,
James

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jamesh921 said:
Hey John,
Did you put a tracking device on the machine and the trailer?

Do you require a credit card number to rent it?

Do you carry full-coverage insurance on it? Is it expensive?

Ever fear that it'll get stolen and parted out?

How would you handle a breakdown that was obviously the renters fault (like failing to keep oil level full leading to a complete failure of the engine or the blower)?

Just wonderin,
James
No tracking
Yes we take a credit card and drivers license and insurance
Equipment is insured trailer is insured by the vehicle towing it
No fear of it getting stolen from us. It is Locked and locked in our complex.
If they Break it they bought it. Thats part of the rental agreement.
I am very particular whom I allow to rent my trailer. As I said it isn't a "profit" center. I make a few bucks but these trailers or projects to keep the guys innovative juices flowing and a service for our "good" customers. If your wand looks like a chia-pet and empty jugs fall out of you van when you open the door you don't get to rent it. Funny thing is the guys hang their head and say ok I get it when we tell them no.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I got a 7x16 and while I would do it again, I don't think I would not recommend it to use as a rental trailer. that extra foot in width means you have to be ALOT more aware of where the trailer is when you turn. before my new trailer I had a 6x12, it really was alot easier to manage it tracked right behind the truck and would be alot easier for someone who doesn't pull trailers all the time. I think a 6ft wide is the best bet,

the 7ft wide is nice because I put the extra width and added more distance between the truckmount and the waste tank. getting to the back of the truckmount is really easy to clean or work on something. I love my trailer size but only because I carry alot of restoration equipment in there, if not for that, I would have went with a 6x12 again.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
They are super cool inventions that will stop repetitive motion injuries, stop back fatigue which your wife will really appreciate :mrgreen: The only down side is you will get fat and if you ever have to clean without one you will wonder how you ever did this job. Price from $159.99-189.99 we have them for nearly every size and shape of wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom