Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will come from a different manufacturer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm pleased with the reliability and performance on my White Magic, but wish Toyota made a full sized van. Entering my sixth year with my current Chevy Express and I cringe to think of the repair bills soon to come. I've already replaced many things that shouldn't have gone bad.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Art, What are some of the things that have gone bad on the Express. I love my 03 3500 and haven't touched except the rear brakes. Thinking about buying extended 04.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
To be honest, after all the crap I've been through in 2 years, I will probably go back to Hydramaster if I buy another mount. I'll give up the vac and heat for reliability.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
A Judson unit comes to mind for my next machine. I'd have to see one in operation before I pull the trigger though.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How about a "Roll my own" option?

If I have the time, I would like to build my own design.

If I had to buy a machine today, I would look at PowerClean and Judson.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
After owning a Steamway Powermatic for the last 7 years, I purchased a Prochem. Not as much heat, but has more vacuum. Still have the Powermatic to do those nasty jobs that need more heat.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We'll stick with the CDS. The only problem we had with them was the Cat/Comet/Whatever pumps they come with. Once Larry steered me toward specifying the General Emporer HTX, we have had zero problems with them.

Few problems with the GMC van either, other than the initial fuel pump problems in the '03 models - and learning to immediately drain the stock orange radiator-clogging anti-freeze and replace it with Prestone.

wired

I still like the BUTLER truckmounts. I have had three of them never had any trouble with them. You need to take care of any truckmount that you own Change belts oil lube keep it always looking new. I advise anyone to get an extended van . I have a 2007 high heat larger blower electric hose reel hose reel all this makes a big difference. I change the transmission oil and coolant once a year. Having a PTO is rough on the trans.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I just got my new TM, the Judson CanAm. Bob F was telling me to expect some down time with it being a new unit. I started using it July 1st. Had one broken bushing, thats it.
Started every time, got heat every time, lots of vacuum, lots of pressure and heat.
Easy to maintain, Kohler takes only 2liters of oil, no greasing of the blower.
Doesn't get any more reliable!!

I used to have to fix something on my big red every week. The one nice thing was that I could fix the problems on my big red.

And I will be able to fix just about anything on the CanAm too!

woodsey

My next unit will be a Judson. I just spent $1900 having my slide in worked on. The sensors were giving me fits and I could not get to them in the van. Had the unit pulled out to do maint and replace the belts plugs sensors fluids ect. TO MUCH STUFF TO GO WRONG. For $ 1900 I could have relpaced the motor on a judson and had $400 left over! Live and learn. I want a SIMPLE , HOT, RELIABLE, POWERFUL easy to replace parts type of unit. No more spaceship units for me.

DannyD

....... be my first one & I'm pretty stoked.

What I like about it is:

1) Great heat
2) Easy to work on if something does happen to go wrong
3) Electric- This is a turn off for some but for me it has an appeal in that I want to promote
green cleaning. I supposed it can be promoted w/ any TM but I'd think some custys might
challenge how green a cleaning is if a TM motor is outside running. Also, I don't think we've
seen the last of $4/gallon gas.
4) Portable enough if I have a super long hose run.
5) What appears to be dry times barely over OP/VLM. This isn't anything scientific, just by
touch to carpet.
6) Might be the most important thing here, the feeling that w/ this machine no one can do a
better job than me. I feel that anyone can be equal & some w/ bigger production machines
can do it faster, but no one can do it better.

I actually felt the same w/ OP, but the OP needed help. For example a few jobs ago I did after OP I got the "it looks better but........." comment. I said I wasn't quite done. Brought in the portable steam unit & went over the area again. Then OP'd again. Then the comment was "that looks a HELLUVA lot better!!" Problem is an empty 3 room house took over 2 hours to do. Then when I got home I still had laundry to do. And always having to bring in steam to save a job was a lil less than thrilling. With the Savage I'm estimating I would have been done in maybe 45 minutes from pull up to pull out.

Anyway, I realize the method shouldn't make the cleaner. Still, I'll have a lil more swagger in my step come April 1.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The thing with electric Danny is that you are still burning fuel. Doesn't the Savage run a generator?
Or if you plug into the house, the electricity has to come from somewhere, its just not as "visible", it appears very green, yet there is a power generating plant somewhere burning something or damming up some river.

Bob Foster

If I had to do it again I would have a Red Neck Nordic Spark-O-Matic in a good used Astro van with no water tank. The cost of running it and having tons of heat would skeeer anyone.

Jumala onnellistaa Suomi!

DannyD

Ron Werner said:
The thing with electric Danny is that you are still burning fuel. Doesn't the Savage run a generator?
Or if you plug into the house, the electricity has to come from somewhere, its just not as "visible", it appears very green, yet there is a power generating plant somewhere burning something or damming up some river.

Correct. We're all burning fuel somewhere & yes I'll sometimes be using a generator. My point was more that there would be some customers who might think that it's a little strange a green cleaner would be burning fuel idling. Also, I do think electricity takes less power than gas & that people think of it as more green than gas. Plus I think we'll see $4-5/gallon of petro again. So the electric angle is for both customer image + fuel savings.

R

R W

I'd like a Vortex, but in my climate, Winters would be hell. Maybe a Blueline? I'd like the power and reliability of my Genesis, but they are too huge.

Would also like the option of dual regulators for running different tools at once. And a very reliable APO that is simple to service.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Dual regs wouldn't be too hard to rig up. Just need a pump that will keep up with the flow.
You could even rig up a remote regulator, ie run whatever length needed to the house, then into a T fitting, with a regulator on each side. Don't know if a 1/4"hose would handle the flow or if you would do better running 3/8 to the house, much the same as the vac system running 2.5 to the house and 2" inside.

My big red was a 4 cyl diesel, only used about 1 gal/hour at the most. Thats a 30 yr old engine. The new ones should be able to get it down to less than a gal/hr, one would think anyway. If not, go buy yourself a 30 yr old diesel for better economy :roll:

R

R W

Ron Werner said:
Dual regs wouldn't be too hard to rig up. Just need a pump that will keep up with the flow.
You could even rig up a remote regulator, ie run whatever length needed to the house, then into a T fitting, with a regulator on each side. Don't know if a 1/4"hose would handle the flow or if you would do better running 3/8 to the house, much the same as the vac system running 2.5 to the house and 2" inside.

:roll:

Doesn't a regulator need to bypass water to regulate? That would leave the t fitting away from the truck not feasible. I control it now with mini valves at the wand end of the hose. But you still get the initial high psi blast when you trigger the tool. (mostly for the upholstery tool when duel tooling)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom