My other pet peeve

SamIam

Name
sam miller
With certain brands of truck mounts you can drive to a distributor, have a mechanic look at diagnose a problem and fix it right there.

With newer machine the trouble shooting is a little more cumbersome.

And the stocking of parts for different machines that aren't as popular make it to where a order to the manufacturer is necessary and a second trip back to get your money maker fixed.

That said any manufacturer is going to have this problem until they have a number of units in the field and consistent problems arise to where the distributors start to stock the most common fixes.

In the mean time early adopters have to be willing to help with the learning curve.

Ps I hate making 2 trips for one fix.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's why it's wise for anyone just getting into the business to think of what they are going to do when their machine needs repairs or service. It's unreasonable to expect your service guy to drop everything just to work on your unit. He may have several guys wanting him to to the same thing at the same time. You may have to leave your vehicle for a day or two, so you will have to reschedule your customers or think of having a back up unit.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I always ask the installer when I buy a new machine which parts wear out fast or have you seen break? I end up with belts, extra oil filters, fitting for machine and garden hose. I hate the little rubber o rings in the brass fittings so I get those... rebuild kits for wands...whatever. If he mentions something they don't have in stock I order it then so I have it. Still, eventually we all have an issue that takes awhile to fix.
A loner truck mount would save the day if companies selling us 30,000 dollar truck mounts wanted to improve customer service.

Reactions: SamIam and Josh
Name
jack zerkie
Yep Iv'e had the big slide inns and Cobb is SIMPLE and cheap in dollar value 6 yrs and zero down time not perfect but does works all the time. 240 atm the stock exhaust it to loud and there is a trick to installing new belts but I found it so it;s well worth the small investment just ask me. jz.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yep Iv'e had the big slide inns and Cobb is SIMPLE and cheap in dollar value 6 yrs and zero down time not perfect but does works all the time. 240 atm the stock exhaust it to loud and there is a trick to installing new belts but I found it so it;s well worth the small investment just ask me. jz.
Can you put the wand down and walk away without it overheating?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
My White Magic had all the bells and whistles....honestly, had I known how nice a very simple machine is I likely would've gone with it instead.

Name
jack zerkie
Yes you can the temp drops with use. I have seen it at 240 atm and never had a problem. I always cool it down to about 120-140 before turning it off and also allows the blower to dry out at the end of each job .I use a various wands and the zipper with different water flow and that changes the water temp.jz.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The machines being run by computers are the most difficult to diagnose. I bought the connection and program for my last one. If sapphire has a link for this one I would buy it also along with the program. It has a wire you ground to get codes but it's slow and tedious. I'd rather have a link similar to a car.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom