My Pro-1200 update

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Who the hell cleans under 275psi, and why? I don't think my wand would even clean evenly under 275..
People that clean things that are frightfully expensive and sensitive to water. Most of the cleaning world doesn't see apple matting, Tibetan jute/hemp, hand-knotted silk, Stark woven border rugs or jute/linen/wool combos used as wall-to-wall carpeting. Clean them like plastic carpet and own the ruined result.

Ofer's experience is with a truckmount that will allow cleaning with lower pressure, he expected all truckmounts to do the same, and griping publicly is the time-honored Mikeyboard methodology to get something for free.

The questions boil down to:
Does Sapphire need to alter their equipment to allow lower-pressure cleaning?
Can Ofer get the bright shiny machine he loves to do what he wants?
The answer to both is Rico's quick-n-easy fix.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
YOu could always use a sink adapter to quick connecter to hand-piece setup. Depending on the water pressure in your area, 30- 50 psi would/should solve your quandry. This is a perfect example of the versitality of a good porty. You would also be eliminating fuel & wear on the TM. Hopefully your water pump has a clutch on it, so turn it off and use the inside plumbing if you don't use portable equipment.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Thats why I suggested he could use his TM vac and an inside water source. Just trying to stay one step ahead of you Doc. It might be also possible to install a quick-connect after the TMs pump and before the heat Xr's if hot water wasn't available at the job site. You would still have a ready souce of hot 30-50 psi water bypassing the units water pump.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I knew it! I told the others but they wouldn't believe me.

What planet are you from? :p

:biggrin:

- Who'd you tell, Dancing ?

- Planet Lo pee Ass I.

I think Ofer wants the heat and the vacuum of the Pro1200

He has a portable he could use but used to use his CDS to that work.
I do, and convenience too. That's why we pay the big bucks for good truck mounts.
Sworn off portables and doing down town highrises for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
People that clean things that are frightfully expensive and sensitive to water. Most of the cleaning world doesn't see apple matting, Tibetan jute/hemp, hand-knotted silk, Stark woven border rugs or jute/linen/wool combos used as wall-to-wall carpeting. Clean them like plastic carpet and own the ruined result.

Ofer's experience is with a truckmount that will allow cleaning with lower pressure, he expected all truckmounts to do the same, and griping publicly is the time-honored Mikeyboard methodology to get something for free.

Thank you Bryan.

And I don't want it free, as to my opinion it should have come standard with the machine. It would have been a nice touch that shows both thoughtfulness and care on the manufacturer's side. And you can never have enough good will.

Isn't that a tell tell sign of any good business?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
#1 I think it is "unalienable" rights.
Should an alien have unalienable rights?
lol.gif

This one does.:winky:

in·al·ien·a·ble
adjective
adjective: inalienable
unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor.
"freedom of religion, the most inalienable of all human rights"

That was for you Marty, as I may have exhausted my spelling mistakes for the day.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

P1120042_zpsf2da87b4.jpg

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Maybe I'm missing the point or goal that Ofer is trying to achieve with wanting low psi for upholstery but won't the new upholstery tools that Sapphire and Drimaster make have a valve to adjust water control? Would that not give you what you wan Ofer?

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Lee Stockwell
Maybe I'm missing the point or goal that Ofer is trying to achieve with wanting low psi for upholstery but won't the new upholstery tools that Sapphire and Drimaster make have a valve to adjust water control? Would that not give you what you wan Ofer?
Not quite. He'd rather use his floor tool for those carpets.

Jim Martin's pictured solution is what Ofer needs in this case.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...nd-his-need-for-lower-pressure&highlight=ofer

Not quite. He'd rather use his floor tool for those carpets.
Jim Martin's pictured solution is what Ofer needs in this case.
Lee is right and Jim's suggestions are always great. And Bryan points are well made.

As far as I am concerned it should come with the machine. When one buys a top notch machine from a top notch manufacturer, there are certain expectations. I could have bought a cheapie for far less money, but I don't like buying low quality equipment.
To my understanding, the machine due to design choices cannot provide low psi. I am sure Sapphire, like the quality manufacturer that they are, will address the issue.

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
A top quality machine sometime my have a problem preforming at the highest level of preformance at both extremes. For me the availability to preform with an accessory at these levels is acceptable. Communication about the need or suppling the accessory may be the problem. My hat is off to to ofer for doing that work onsite.

My question would have been how hot will it get and maintain, maxium pressure, and lift. I own a WM 1200 purchased in 2002 and am still happy with it.
The pump just went in it,first one and will be replaceing it for a back up and peak season use. The van is a 2002 also and although no rust. However something has at times fallen from the sky while other folks were driving and not aware that this possibility existed

Reactions: Art Kelley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom