My second appointment

Mikey P

Administrator
I called the confirm with him this morning

And she's all happy to tell me that somebody came over with their shampooer and cleaned her carpets for "but thank you very much for the offer"

How is it people are so fvcking stupid that I don't realize that a unkept leads to a mom and pop business appointment losing money..

I feel very compelled to call or text your back about the reality of it all in the polite way but she sounded like she was in her 60s so what's the point she's going to be stupid for the rest of her life..

Rant over.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't take deposits but a few days ago I accidentally charged a customer $2,440 on his credit card. The bill was supposed to be $240. Oops. That was the first time I ever did that. He called me and let me know of the mistake and I went into panic mode because I didn't know how to correct it. Thankfully it was really easy to fix on the Square app. The customer was cool about it, but I felt really stupid.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

And she's all happy to tell me that somebody came over with their shampooer and cleaned her carpets for "but thank you very much for the offer"

How is it people are so fvcking stupid that I don't realize that a unkept leads to a mom and pop business appointment losing money..

I feel very compelled to call or text your back about the reality of it all in the polite way but she sounded like she was in her 60s so what's the point she's going to be stupid for the rest of her life..

Rant over.
Had almost the exact thing happen the other day. Fortunately it happens rarely. Deposits would be nice but i think your booking rate would drop. You would have the same thing happen only now, the customer would be on the phone to their credit card company complaining that they didn't receive any service.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Rant over.

My guess is that this is a very rare event Mike. If you create a "policy" that inconveniences 99% of your great customers to prevent a repeat of this inconsiderate act, it would probably cost you more in goodwill (and repeat business) than this last minute cancellation cost you today.

You were also wise not to drop any bombs on her. That act could send negative ripples to shores that you cannot see....just in the same way your boyish charm has gotten you good results in unexpected ways.

Remember the Eightfold Path Grasshopper

The Dalai Lama

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Happend to me last week. Called and cancelled as soon i parked side of house.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
This is why I used to schedule reminder emails through SM a couple of days prior with all prep instructions ( that way they called when they got it if they forgot to cancel) and call the day BEFORE so we could make adjustments rather than finding out the morning of....

Mikey P

Administrator
This is why I used to schedule reminder emails through SM a couple of days prior with all prep instructions ( that way they called when they got it if they forgot to cancel) and call the day BEFORE so we could make adjustments rather than finding out the morning of....
That's @Monique s job, that she doesnt stay consistent on

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
"Legally" here, you can still charge full fee if you can prove you weren't able to replace that appointment

I had it happen twice last year, I let it slide, not worth the aggravation etc

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Lee Stockwell

Rant over.
I almost always have enough other stuff in the pipeline that an occasional cancellation or postpone is not an issue.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
"Legally" here, you can still charge full fee if you can prove you weren't able to replace that appointment

I had it happen twice last year, I let it slide, not worth the aggravation etc
I saved up my porty jobs on a large apt building for today... we did 5 jobs in the same building....
It was supposed to be 6. The last lady canceled...
I could have kissed her...
I guess it’s all relative....
I hate porty work....

Name
Jeff T
How's that monsoon working out?
Honestly? I would not have made my daily goal today without it...
it’s got excellent suction, but the 220 psi DOESNT CUT IT...
But, it did exactly what I asked of it today....
On upholstery? Awesome machine....
3/4 of today was upholstery...

Reactions: Hack Attack

Mikey P

Administrator
I almost always have enough other stuff in the pipeline that an occasional cancellation or postpone is not an issue.

yep, went and bought a 5 round 20 gauge instead...

1596777811849.png

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Honestly? I would not have made my daily goal today without it...
it’s got excellent suction, but the 220 psi DOESNT CUT IT...
But, it did exactly what I asked of it today....
On upholstery? Awesome machine....
3/4 of today was upholstery...
Not long got a M**** vortex lite in 500psi, amazing vac for a porty, only used it twice. First was an upholstery job, 2nd was a small commercial, pretty impressed

Going to setup an autofill, apo bilge pump on it

scotty747

Got to a job an hour ago, an hour away. No lockbox and tenants stuff still in the loving room. No answer at the office from the fruitloop girls who work there. 3rd time. I just charge twice. They don't care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom