My second carpet repair.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Did this one this morning. She had duct tape covering a hole in her carpet. I was only there to clean but saw the tape and offered to fix it. Took me one hour. She did not have any extra carpet so I took the donor from a closet. I cut the hole out from the top using what I think is called a cushion back cutter. For cutting out the donor I pulled the carpet up, traced the old piece on the backing and cut it out with a hot knife. Used a glue gun to seal the seam of the carpet I cut from the top. Attached it with the kool glide. It's not perfect but the customer was thrilled. She was just going to live with the hole until they could replace the whole room carpet.

I did forget one step and you can tell by the picture.

Sorry about the picture quality. I forgot to put my camera back on the truck and all I had was my phone to take the picture with.

The original hole.
img113.jpg

img114.jpg

Patch installed but not cleaned yet.
img115.jpg

After cleaning the carpet.
img116.jpg

Stevea

Fantastic! Looks like a great job and as long as the customer is happy, all is well.

SA

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Awesome job again Joey.

A little white chalk and that would just about disappear... also try making your repair pieces as small as you can, even if you run a slightly longer cut on one side to give extra room to get the KG tape in.

I'm not picking, just offering a couple of suggestions to help you shorten the learning curve if possible and get you a better result.

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
Right on John, smaller is almost always better.
And a little touch up with a crayon will finish off most repairs even better.
Another thought, use a Tripod for your pictures and when choosing a camera make sure to get one with a "portrait"mode for close ups. Also, always take two sets of each picture, with and without flash - you will find that without flash is usually better.

Here is a not very good shot of a very small tripod which closes up to about 6 inches in length, holding my new flip video made by Kodak model Zi6. I'm not recommending it yet as I just got it but it does have a close up mode.

Videotripodtesting.jpg

Keep it up Joey, you're doing great !!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Thanks guys. I'll definitely make the patch smaller next time I don't really know why I did it so big. I'll also make sure to get some chalk on the truck.

I forgot my camera today and those pics were done with my phone that's why the crappy quality but I'll certainly take your recommendations for taking pics that will be usable in marketing materials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom