My son is having rotator cuff issues..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Got use the rotary or the Zipper more. Slinging that wand back and forth for years on end it what's wearing your shoulder out.

Just show the doctor the motion and how many hours a day you do it. Times a week, a month, a year, a decade.
That's why I got the Zipper. It can be a little bit of a learning curve, managing your hoses so that you keep both hands on the Zipper but for large commercial, it's a shoulder saver.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
My wimp is having rotator cuff issues..
Tell him to get a 5# dumbbell and exercise with it. Arm straight out front, move up and down until the shoulder starts to feel warm. Arm straight out to the side, move up and down. And any other motion he can think of that will exercise the shoulder. Had a friend that avoided rotator cuff surgery exercising like that. He was scheduled to have the surgery six months out, while he waited he exercised. Before they did the surgery they did another MRI and decided he didn't need the surgery.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Turmeric
Find a Massage therapist licensed in sports therapy
Have them focus on the rotator cuff 60 min session
Drink tons of water and good luck!

This combo worked for me many times

Name
Matt Ross
I've had annoying rotator cuff issues for a few years. In my younger years logging, plumbing, and other physical jobs took their toll. When I got my cancer diagnosis a few months ago I immediately changed my diet to mostly whole foods and plant based stuff. I also started taking turmeric ever day. I'm not sure which of those things were the biggest factor but within a couple weeks my shoulder pain went away. The inflammation from eating crappy foods and diet drinks was taking its toll. And turmeric does help alot. I'm not a holistic whining hippie essential oil sandal wearing kinda guy, but it does work to some extent.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I pray he gets under control. If he doesn’t, even a rotary will hurt. It’s probably inflamed and an ansaid, or flurbiprofen.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I've had annoying rotator cuff issues for a few years. In my younger years logging, plumbing, and other physical jobs took their toll. When I got my cancer diagnosis a few months ago I immediately changed my diet to mostly whole foods and plant based stuff. I also started taking turmeric ever day. I'm not sure which of those things were the biggest factor but within a couple weeks my shoulder pain went away. The inflammation from eating crappy foods and diet drinks was taking its toll. And turmeric does help alot. I'm not a holistic whining hippie essential oil sandal wearing kinda guy, but it does work to some extent.
I hate sandals

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Not being a doctor, and never having seen him in action... there are typically two things that will destroy a shoulder in this biz.

- Using your arm to push the wand instead of using your lower body. As a tall guy that did giant cleaning jobs where I worked 14 to 16 hour shifts, I learned the value of standing up straight and stepping back and forth rather than leaning forward and shoving the wand with my arm.

- Swing the wand with both hands. All kinds of bad things build up when you repetitively move one way all day, and changing hands while working feels like taking a break.

Our guys don't get out of training until they are competent cleaning with both hands and lose the habit of overreaching, which leads to bending forward, which leads to back aches and rotator cuff surgery.

I'd suggest starting the process by learning to clean with his off hand, and while still clumsy anyway, start by cleaning with the thumb of his wand hand stuck in his pocket while standing up straight. Once that feel sets in he can take his thumb out of his pocket and let his arms swing a few inches forward. Takes a while to become natural.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not being a doctor, and never having seen him in action... there are typically two things that will destroy a shoulder in this biz.

- Using your arm to push the wand instead of using your lower body. As a tall guy that did giant cleaning jobs where I worked 14 to 16 hour shifts, I learned the value of standing up straight and stepping back and forth rather than leaning forward and shoving the wand with my arm.

- Swing the wand with both hands. All kinds of bad things build up when you repetitively move one way all day, and changing hands while working feels like taking a break.

Our guys don't get out of training until they are competent cleaning with both hands and lose the habit of overreaching, which leads to bending forward, which leads to back aches and rotator cuff surgery.

I'd suggest starting the process by learning to clean with his off hand, and while still clumsy anyway, start by cleaning with the thumb of his wand hand stuck in his pocket while standing up straight. Once that feel sets in he can take his thumb out of his pocket and let his arms swing a few inches forward. Takes a while to become natural.
I started cleaning with my off hand and while still a little clumsy, I can get it done. Problem is once my right rotator cuff healed, I tore my left while falling out the back of my van with a customer helping me. I wish they wouldn't do that. I don't need any help. The left has been healing pretty good. Been a year and a half now and I have good range of movement. My yoga helps a lot. Have a good instructor who will work on specific areas with me.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s a whole other thread. When they ask if they can help, I say no, I’d get used to you. The last one that helped me, pushed me off my trailer ramp and I rolled down his driveway.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom