MY V IS A CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I ran my v for 13 hours straight on one very large job with no problems at all today! How long continuosly have you run your v or at? Any problems from running so long? Anything I should be careful with or check? Should i prepare a checklist when i am running my v for a long job?

Chris A

Name
Chris
other than listening for something to grenade, I would say no. But you'd know soon enough anyway...

-JB-

Name
JB
For the price it damn well better run that long and then some! :wink:

Good on ya though! Nice days work. 8)

Walt

Check list -

1. Fuel

You can run a V out of fuel cleaning. I did once and felt like an ass.

Ran my Powerclean Freedom 12 hours straight in late December. 2 days later I ran it 10 hours straight. So far this thing has been a workhorse.

hogjowl

Idiot™
He's not asking you lawn mower operators. He wants to hear from real V owners.

Keep your transmission fluid and, of course, oil levels maintained, and put Jim Martin's number on speed dial.

And you're good to go.

Chris A

Name
Chris
admiralclean said:

Keep your transmission fluid and, of course, oil levels maintained, and put Jim Martin's number on speed dial.

And you're good to go.

Must be another FMI/AT built POS eh Mort?

admiralclean said:

And you're good to go.

Couple of months with a V and his head is bigger than the Goodyear Blimp :roll:

My lawnmower works just fine for me :wink:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
tune in to your truck while you are cleaning..after awhile you will be able to tell when the diverter is opening and closing just by the pitch it makes.....know your water levels at all times...don't depend on the float switches and things like that to always preform like they are supposed to...maintain your equipment every 50 machine hours and it will save you a lot of head aches down the road............

Name
BradFenstermaker
Must have been a biggen Micheal.

If you know she will be cleaning that long check ALL FLUIDS before you leave the shop.

Check them again when you get home.

I was suprised to here it ran that long without needing fuel.

Single or Dual wand job?

How did the hotwater modification work out on this job too. Details man details.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
At 2.5 gals/hr that would be 32 gals of fuel. How big is your tank?

I just ran mine for 22 hours over 3 days. I had to buy a 5 gal diesel can to add fuel on the first day. Did that a few more times. We did not move the truck from the job site for 3 days as it was on an AFB and it is too much trouble to go out and go through the search each time.

It ran fine. Jim is right about the "hum" it makes. If you notice any difference check it out. Only problem was APO couldn't keep up a couple of times.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
admiralclean said:

And you're good to go.

Lawn mover my ass. The only lawn mower using a 4 cyl diesel is called a tractor!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ron Werner said:
admiralclean said:

And you're good to go.

Lawn mover my ass. The only lawn mower using a 4 cyl diesel is called a tractor!

I'd like to see one with a 6L Chevy V-8!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Brad it worked well but would only maintain about 200 atm with two lines. I feel some exhasut still escaping through the pipe instead of it all coming through the heat exchanger. Also I was peranoid about back pressure when i had my welder make my heat exchanger that i think it is flowing to easily through the exchanger, in other words i think i need to make it a bit more restrictive to achive greater heat. When i was single wanding it was at about 235 atw( checked with a uei digital therm) but right when my helper went back to work it dropped significantly. I used aproxitmately 350 gallans of water that day of wich i approx recovered 300. The truck ran fine all day and was very impressed with a three hundred foot run to the furthest point i needed to clean. Still taking me a while to work with the glide. it feels to easy compared with what i am accustomed to using that i stop every twenty minutes to check what i have done to make sure it looks good. This job had paint overspray and drops everywhere, they thought they were going to replace the carpet so they didnt use any drop cloths or plastic. It alos had alot of carpet adhesive just about everywhere but I got about 97% of everything out and everyone was impressed to how it looked in the end. I was very carefull with this job because all i did was about 10,000 sqft, but the whole church is about 415,000 sqft so hopefully i can get the rest of the account and have work for the rest of the year! :D

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can adjust the diverter flapper by turning the fork on the end of it in or out so the flapper closes or opens all the way.this will stop any by pass threw the exhaust or the heat exchanger....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
So where is that thing set when it leaves the factory? Open all the way?

It all depends on who is working on that give day.........Who ever worked on mine for got the step.what does that tell ya..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom