My V would'nt turn over

Mikey P

Administrator
Half way through the day and it just wouldn't start.

My local truck repair sent two guys right over prepared to check the alt, starter and batteries.

Luckily for me it was just the 4 year old batteries.

With my back up machine loaned out and a counter top soaked in oxy blaster I was sweating bullets.

Whew!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That happened to me last year.....got done collected the check went to start the truck and nothing......Tia had to come out and jump start me and I went to the auto store and replaced both of them with the dry cell batteries .....

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm having to charge mine every night, so mine are about shot, too. Are those batteries anything special? In other words, if I go into the Auto Parts store and ask for two new batteries, will I get the correct ones, or do I have to say something like I need two NASA designed, purotanic, carbonexcentric lithium batteries?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when mine went out as I was going to the auto parts place I called my mechanic and he cross referenced them for me and I had the number when I got there....I can look at them tomorrow when I get home and get you the numbers if you like.......Mind you I went with the dry cell batteries and they are about $180 each....

you can probably get the type you are running now cheaper.............up to you.....

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
admiralclean said:
Oh, that's just part of it. I also need 6 new tires and 400 ft. of new vacuum hose with cool cuffs.

Couldn't happen at a better time of year. its always something.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
What's the advantage to the dry cell batteries?

some people don't like them....I have had nothing but great luck with them..I have them in all my vehicles

I have a 2001 Tundra that I start and use maybe 2 times a month and she will crank over every time...
that dry cell battery has been in there for about 5 years..it just sits and runs the alarm system 98% of the time

Cranking amps seem to hold and are a lot better plus you don't get corroded cables and they don't leak acid all over and tear everything up...

Mikey P

Administrator
none what so ever but the repair guys should have warned me it was going to cost $850 to bring out and install two new ones. :shock:

G

Able 1 said:
[quote="Out Of Character":25lofknj]Did they prevacuum your battery tray and apply protection to your terminals?

:lol:[/quote:25lofknj]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

But I am glad you got your Line Plumbing fixed. Would hate to see a person with a head that big hitch hiking; I may apear to someone you were drunk trying to hold up your melon!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

ascrubabove

On-site diesel repair is not cheep, I did it for three years, during working hours servicing customers with emergencies got charged $65.00 an hour, non service $90.00, after hours calls were $115.00

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom