My wand oversprays. What can I do?

I have 2 prochem 4 jet wands; both without glides. My original wand has quite a few hours on it and the jets are a little worn but work great, and the wand cleans fantastic on most carpets. I have a new 4 jet wand that came with my Everest and used it for the first time yesterday. The wand oversprays pretty bad at 300 psi. I have to pull the wand back very fast and even then it still oversprays. I want to set this wand up with a hole glide and use it for commercial work. We all know these wands will streak certain carpets due to the center gap. I need to alleviate that problem as well. What should I do to address the overspray and center gap?

TimP

Contact greenie or greenglides. They can hook you up with what you need.

I'd say you're probably are going to need new jets of some sort, and of course go with stainless they last a lot longer.

Tony Dees

change the jets and add check valves

Like Tim said, call Jeff, he'll get cha strait

Supersucker

When I get my TM over from AL I will let you borrow my Ti wand for a couple days.

Can't believe you don't have any glides! I thought I was the last convert.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
there's probably only half a dozen cleaners out of about 100 here in Victoria that have any clue as to the new tweaks available, from sticky tabs, 2.5" hose, 2" wands, glides, Maker's hose hangers, etc etc let alone most are unaware of MikeysBoard.
Lots of new converts to be gotten out there.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:
there's probably only half a dozen cleaners out of about 100 here in Victoria that have any clue as to the new tweaks available, from sticky tabs, 2.5" hose, 2" wands, glides, Maker's hose hangers, etc etc let alone most are unaware of MikeysBoard.
Lots of new converts to be gotten out there.

Same thing across the chuck here Ron. DK Cleanings Solutions has a lot of those things, but I seem to be about the only buyer.

Greenie

When you call Lisa at GreenGlides (or your local supplier) ask for a very specific item, I made "short" checkvalve jet extenders just for the Quad jet wand, They will put your jets about 3/4" closer to the carpet, this is almost twice as much as the actualy glide "height" raises the wand, it's intentional. Now that they are closer, you can move from 95 degree spray pattern jets, to a 110 deg pattern, this will kill two birds with one stone, it will preserve heat loss and not throw steam vapor into the room, and it will HELP with the natural jet distortion of fibers....and significantly reduce drips.

Greenie

I'm happy with Porky only believing and useing 90% of what I tell him, make for him etc..., since nobody else has hit 90% yet. :wink:

Some will tell you to use a very narrow jet on the outside edges to limit overspray, just be aware it does NOT work with every wand, and you will give up a bit of rinsing and flushing at the edges since the spray is lighter and impact is lighter.

Of course most guys do a dry pass, and it's really not a big issue to have a little mist of overspray, and the extensions fix 90% of that.

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
I'm happy with Porky only believing and useing 90% of what I tell him, make for him etc..., since nobody else has hit 90% yet. :wink:

Some will tell you to use a very narrow jet on the outside edges to limit overspray, just be aware it does NOT work with every wand, and you will give up a bit of rinsing and flushing at the edges since the spray is lighter and impact is lighter.

Of course most guys do a dry pass, and it's really not a big issue to have a little mist of overspray, and the extensions fix 90% of that.

No dry passes is like taking a sh!t and not wiping your @ss. To each their own. :lol:

Ok. Both wands have stock 95015 jets, but only one oversprays, and it does it pretty bad. After reading these comments, I am going to add a glide, use the short check valve jet extenders, keep the 95's on the outside and add 110's on the inside. The other wand I am leaving the way it is. My last option will be to order a third wand as I have been wanting a new one for a while.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
No your last option is to call Greenie. Which should have been your first option.

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
Glided titanium wands should have a 80,95,110,110,95,80 degree jet configuration. EVEN WITH EXTENDERS! Take this advice and solve the problem. I went for over a year with massive overspray problems and the whole time Daddy GreenBean was telling me nobody ever complained about overspray but me and everybody should be doing dry passes anyway.

Listen to experience.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
When you say it oversprays, what exactly is happening? I had an issue with my wand with the everest and it was missing the welded bracket in the bottom

Name
Ron lippold
i have my jets adjusted so the outside edge is agressive with the base boards seems to really help with filtration lines and all the dingel berrys that a person misses with the vac.

Greenie

You did hear him....no dry passes.

an 80 on the edge will leave nothing for baseboard edging, might fly on COMMERCIAL.

and those stupid little clip on teflon side shield extenders did stop the overspray Porky, they just come off too easily over the work day.

TimP

admiralclean said:
Glided titanium wands should have a 80,95,110,110,95,80 degree jet configuration. EVEN WITH EXTENDERS! Take this advice and solve the problem. I went for over a year with massive overspray problems and the whole time Daddy GreenBean was telling me nobody ever complained about overspray but me and everybody should be doing dry passes anyway.

Listen to experience.

I've noticed the over spray with my greenhorn but the fact of the mater ignoring it will still get me 4 hour dry times with ac and a cieling fan in the panhandle of Florida. And that's bone dry. :roll:

I thought we went over this topic and decided that you were being too anal Marty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom