Mystery spots showing up on Porcelain after cleaning?

Mikey P

Administrator
It's your high alkaline pre spray effecting the slip resistant coating being applied to many porcelain tiles these days..

Easiyl fixed or avoided by running an "Alll Fiber Rinse" through your truckmount..

1605451535222.png

1605451599991.png

1605451581275.png

1605451623547.png

Tom Forsythe

I recently found out about a problem with Chinese polished porcelain tiles. Apparently they sometimes add a weak finish to the tiles before exporting from China attempting to disguise some optical haze resulting from the manufacturing. A high alkaline can partially break down this finish illuminating a previously undetected optical haze. Has anyone ran into this problem and how did they fix it?

Mikey P

Administrator
I recently found out about a problem with Chinese polished porcelain tiles. Apparently they sometimes add a weak finish to the tiles before exporting from China attempting to disguise some optical haze resulting from the manufacturing. A high alkaline can partially break down this finish illuminating a previously undetected optical haze. Has anyone ran into this problem and how did they fix it?
I'm not sure where you missed the message Tom but yes I've ran into it a few times and I've gotten countless phone calls from other cleaners about it The fix is to miss a four to five pH all fiber rinse type product on it and flat mop it in or better yet run it through your truck man as you're rinsing the floor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom