Mytee Big Boss complaint

steampro

Name
Ryan
After only a month the front wheels are gone. They kept getting looser and looser and there was no way of tightening them then eventually came off. Has this happened to anyone else? I love this sprayer but this kind of pisses me off

starrett

yep.Too much weight on too weak mounting holes. Had to put bungee around it to keep the handle from bending. Helps with the"Professional" look.

Luke

Same thing happened to mine. I just took the front wheels off, don't really need them. Just tip the sprayer back on the rear wheels to move around.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My biggest complaint is where you "mount" the spray wand back to on the metal hole slot, there's not an actual location for the wand itself, you just have to mess around with till it fits between the QD's on the bottom. Also, when the sprayer hits a small bump, the wand tends to disconnect from the spray gun (QD's) and prespray goes gushing all over the floor, this happens to us several times a week, makes a loud noise due to the metal bumping, it's distracting for the homeowner. Other than that, the wheel hasn't fallen off yet, but will be watching it carefully. Overall, I really like sprayer, but certain things could deff be improved.

Name
Eric Valentine
My Big Boss didn't come with front wheels. It is really easy to just tip it back to move it. As for the handle coming loose, get a couple of washers that the screws fit through, and are larger than the screw heads, and use them. Might cost you $.75 at the hardware store.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I start using mine tommorrow for lots of apartments over a month. Going up n down three flights of stairs it will be a test

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Name
John LaBarbera
steampro said:
After only a month the front wheels are gone. They kept getting looser and looser and there was no way of tightening them then eventually came off. Has this happened to anyone else? I love this sprayer but this kind of pisses me off

I don't understand your comments. The front casters screw on. At least that how we put them on.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I love it. Used it for a week. But how do I know when its done charging? I dont see a light that comes on when done

starrett

John: the metal insert in the plastic that the wheel screws into becomes loose and eventually falls out

tim

I have had 2 for a long time and never had a wheel issue. I've had a switch break, light should at least say when it is charging, and the biggest issue is the charger receptacle. I guess going upstairs etc. tends to break around where the cord plugs into it. I had to change it out twice now and not cheap or simple to do. Other than that, I really love the sprayer. Couldnt go back to a 2 gallon. Switched over to a hydraforce but had some metering issues so I went back to the Mytee. $100 in improvements such as bigger wheels for stairs, switch high on the handle instead of low, light to say when its charging and done charging, more durable ac adapter and easier way to replace batteries/ac charger. That would make it perfect, until then, this one is pretty good. Certainly better than the other options Ive seen

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
What light should come on when charging? Used it for a 10 hour shift today. No problems, except when u put the lance in the holder, it triggers the qd. Battery still on green

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
No light comes on mine when charging either.

Looks like many brought up a few things, John still hasn't gonne over them yet other than questioning the guy. :shock:

In regards to the $.75 part at the hardware store due to the wand handle falling off and prespraying going everywhere, if it does cost only that much why not have it on there from the get go and do it right. Someone that pays $500 bucks for a sprayer, should not have to worry about these things when the thing is brand new.

I'd also be pissed if my wheels start falling off.

Name
John LaBarbera
These are some good comments. I really appreciate this. That's what I like about this board. I generally don't get to hear from the ones using the equipment. Some of these points like the casters coming off I had never heard of before now. This dialogue helps in improving the product. I'll keep you guys posted as we make some of these thoughts of your's part of a better improved sprayer. It just goes to show that nothing is perfect and it can always be improved upon. Do any of you remember the first version. Man you guys were merciless. I really got hammered. I appreciate your being a little kinder this time. But I'll apply the suggestions anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom