Mytee Big Boss Problem

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I charged the BB the other day, went to spray, the spray is very poor, as if the pump is still trying to spray everything out. So than I thought maybe I didn't fully charge, waited another 10 plus hours on the charge, same problem happened. I than opened the lid and cleaned out the filter inside where it sits on the bottom of the tank, again the spray is very poor, you can actually hear the pump trying to go full psi but it sounds more like it's not fully charged.

Has the pump gone bad? Any other suggestions?

Secondly, I do have to say that one of the most annoying things with this sprayer is the wand tip that connects to the QD on the spray gun, whoever thought of the "idea" was a neat idea, the major problem is that due to the way where you store the wand on the hole, once you try to get the spray gun out of there it gets stuck and the wand comes loose of the gun on the QD, this happens at least 3-5 times a day, prespray goes all over the clients floors, it's just a bad design imo. Need to figure out how to solve this problem, but right now the pump issue is the main concern.

Thank you

randy

Name
Randy
Gee you too ? I just bought a big boss. Charged it and it lasted only about 6 tank loads before dying. Now the battery will not charging. Literally it only charged one time and was toast. For what this thing cost I expected better quality. Frankly it SUCKS.
The wand "holder" is lousy design as is the wand itself (moves around / swivels in the handgun). The whole sprayer needs to be redone. I regret buying it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Mine has been lasting over 19 hours. Take the tip off the wand and check for a clog. Also thr siphon may ve to close to wall of container move it

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Name
John LaBarbera
If the battery is allowed to go to low, then the battery has been given a death sentence. We had put a light on the unit to help you to know when to charge it. It works like this, green is go spray, yellow is to tell you to charge it, and a red to tell you to stop using until you charge it.

Evidently, idiot lights are not adequate. So at Mytee we have been working on some electronic that will solve this problem. I'll show it at the Connection Show next week for any that are interested. For any that have a Big Boss and would like this upgrade, well you know the drill, send it to us and Mytee will install it free of charge, you just pay for freight. Or take it to your friendly, neighborhood distributor, you pay his labor and we will send the parts for free.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I use mine untill yellow comes on. Or I just charge it everyday even if its green. That ok?

Name
John LaBarbera
joeynbgky said:
I use mine untill yellow comes on. Or I just charge it everyday even if its green. That ok?

That is absolutly the way to do it. However, these new electronic are worth putting in I think.

I have the smaller older one. Been runing it for 3 years, one charge runs it all week, never an issue. about an hour and it's charged. Sounds like Bill got a lemon. He only had it for like a month and big problems already.? I would be unhappy as well.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
John LaBarbera said:
If the battery is allowed to go to low, then the battery has been given a death sentence. We had put a light on the unit to help you to know when to charge it. It works like this, green is go spray, yellow is to tell you to charge it, and a red to tell you to stop using until you charge it.

My battery never went on low as I always charged the sprayer once a week, I don't use it on every job though, some jobs I do and some I don't. With the lights, once I turn it on, I wait for it to switch up from red/yellow/green, than start spraying. I have never gotten the light to stay just on yellow or red while spraying, it always stayed on green every time. I would know better if it's yellow/red to not use it, and make sure it is charged.

As Randy also mentioned the wand holder plainly sucks, imho that needs to be changed, if we are suppose to send the unit back, this should be changed as well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John LaBarbera said:
If the battery is allowed to go to low, then the battery has been given a death sentence. .

help me with that one, John..

i have lots of battery powered tools...drills, saws, etc .
They routinely get fully discharged and re-charged .

I also have many years experience with Multi-Sprayers ... I understand the virtue/need to keep than on the charger continually when not in use for "longest" battery life .
But they get fully discharged often... like my power tool batteries

what's different about your battery??
and is it the typical 12vt battery that can be found at any large radio control model store???
(like the Multi-Sprayer uses)

..l.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
meAt said:
John LaBarbera said:
If the battery is allowed to go to low, then the battery has been given a death sentence. .

help me with that one, John..

i have lots of battery powered tools...drills, saws, etc .
They routinely get fully discharged and re-charged .

I also have many years experience with Multi-Sprayers ... I understand the virtue/need to keep than on the charger continually when not in use for "longest" battery life .
But they get fully discharged often... like my power tool batteries

what's different about your battery??
and is it the typical 12vt battery that can be found at any large radio control model store???
(like the Multi-Sprayer uses)

..l.T.A.

I don't know about the others, but I'll look into what you're asking. I'll have to get back to you on this. We use a 12 volt motorcycle battery.

Scott Rogers

John this would be a more suitable battery , they are designed for UPS systems (emergency computer power)

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/28 ... P/12V.aspx

This is the type of battery used in Stanley Steemer battery sprayers, they hold up well to continuous discharge recharge cycles. And have the capacity to spray several tanks.

The one in my sprayer is 6 years old still runs strong.

randy

Name
Randy
John LaBarbera said:

Evidently, idiot lights are not adequate. So at Mytee we have been working on some electronic that will solve this problem. I'll show it at the Connection Show next week for any that are interested. For any that have a Big Boss and would like this upgrade, well you know the drill, send it to us and Mytee will install it free of charge, you just pay for freight. Or take it to your friendly, neighborhood distributor, you pay his labor and we will send the parts for free.

Yep we carpet cleaners are just too stupid for idiot lights, but I'm smart enough to never buy another Mytee product ever again. Now a days Mytees shit is worse than powrflite.

Since the sprayer is brand new and this is the first recharge and it was put on the charger when the light went yellow I call B.S. on John's excuse. Redesign the thing to take Dewalt 18 volt xrp Li-ion battery. My drill last longer than your sprayer and that makes your sprayer pathetic at best and a total embarrassment to this industry at worst.

A new sprayer is coming out and a local guy here is stocking them. Next week I will have one to replace this Mytee shit and post pictures and contact info. on the source.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Randy u went way to far. The dewalt 18v sucks this battery is awesome. Get another one and try it.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
These 12 volt MultiSprayers rarely get ragged on because they are contantly plugged in most of our vans when not it use. Lead acid batteries need constant re-charging and chemically they strive to be constantly topped off. Lead acid's need some consumer knowledge to understand them. If you own a deep cycle for your trolling motor or any other gadets that have them then a little understanding will help them last a very long time.

When they sit with no load on them and no charging voltage, they are continously discharging; all be it at very small rate. Left alone for 2-3 months, a big deep cycle on down to a small motorcycle battery will completley discharge, on average. You can't let them sit without a floating charge.

When they discharge under loads you won't see them go from 12 volts down to 0 volts. It doesn't work that way although it is often thought of like that. Most gadgets that use lead acids have meters on them. A classic example are trolling motors that have a colored or narrowing gauge that tells you when to charge at a certain color or certain band width on the gauge. It's actually measuring voltage and since most people (and I mean 99% of people) don't know what those voltages are supposed to be, these gauges are installed to make is dummy proof.

When any lead acid is allowed to discharge below approx. 80% of it's rated voltage, damage will occur inside the battery on the plates. I'm not going into the chemistry cause you're not going to find it useful. What you should find useful is that these state-of-charge gauges are installed to insure proper battery life. Trying to feel the trust of your boat or listen the motor/pump on a gaget will simple shorten the battery life.

I think LaBarbara is talking about installing an electronic voltage cut off device. If so, it will prevent further discharge of the battery by automatically disconnecting the battery from the pump circut at certain state of discharge. If I were manufacturing a gadet with a lead acid to this crowd, that would be money well spent.

A word about battery drills and other gadets that almost exclusively run on NiCad's and a growing number on NiMH's. They don't get damaged like lead acids when comparing their states of discharge. That's why you can run your batt drill down to barely spinning and then simple junk it back on the charger. And there's soooo much more to understanding NiCad's and NiMH's but that's for another time and forum.

You simple need to know that it's best to keep your Multisprayers plugged in your van when not in use and watch the batt gauges on other gagets like the Mytee sprayer and don't ignor when to charge them. Lead acids are like pets, you have to constanly feed them and not abuse them.

Name
John LaBarbera
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
These 12 volt MultiSprayers rarely get ragged on because they are contantly plugged in most of our vans when not it use. Lead acid batteries need constant re-charging and chemically they strive to be constantly topped off. Lead acid's need some consumer knowledge to understand them. If you own a deep cycle for your trolling motor or any other gadets that have them then a little understanding will help them last a very long time.

When they sit with no load on them and no charging voltage, they are continously discharging; all be it at very small rate. Left alone for 2-3 months, a big deep cycle on down to a small motorcycle battery will completley discharge, on average. You can't let them sit without a floating charge.

When they discharge under loads you won't see them go from 12 volts down to 0 volts. It doesn't work that way although it is often thought of like that. Most gadgets that use lead acids have meters on them. A classic example are trolling motors that have a colored or narrowing gauge that tells you when to charge at a certain color or certain band width on the gauge. It's actually measuring voltage and since most people (and I mean 99% of people) don't know what those voltages are supposed to be, these gauges are installed to make is dummy proof.

When any lead acid is allowed to discharge below approx. 80% of it's rated voltage, damage will occur inside the battery on the plates. I'm not going into the chemistry cause you're not going to find it useful. What you should find useful is that these state-of-charge gauges are installed to insure proper battery life. Trying to feel the trust of your boat or listen the motor/pump on a gaget will simple shorten the battery life.

I think LaBarbara is talking about installing an electronic voltage cut off device. If so, it will prevent further discharge of the battery by automatically disconnecting the battery from the pump circut at certain state of discharge. If I were manufacturing a gadet with a lead acid to this crowd, that would be money well spent.

A word about battery drills and other gadets that almost exclusively run on NiCad's and a growing number on NiMH's. They don't get damaged like lead acids when comparing their states of discharge. That's why you can run your batt drill down to barely spinning and then simple junk it back on the charger. And there's soooo much more to understanding NiCad's and NiMH's but that's for another time and forum.

You simple need to know that it's best to keep your Multisprayers plugged in your van when not in use and watch the batt gauges on other gagets like the Mytee sprayer and don't ignor when to charge them. Lead acids are like pets, you have to constanly feed them and not abuse them.

Thanks Scott. You said it better than I could.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
The dewalt 18v sucks

Joey, you don't know WTH you're talking about :roll:
I actually OWN AND USE DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, Rigid, Dremel and Ryobi tools .
DeWalt batteries are simply the best

thanks Scot, you're a sharp dude.
I know just enough about to batteries to know you're right.

It sounds to me like grand idea for John to add a diode and supply a charging cord for the 12vt acc port in the van (like the Multi-Sprayer)
That way it's always on the charger when not in use

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im saying the mytee battery is better than a dewalt lol lasts longer

randy

Name
Randy
joeynbgky said:
Randy u went way to far. The dewalt 18v sucks this battery is awesome. Get another one and try it.

The two batteries that come with the drill are basic NMH batteries. The two pack of Lit-ion you pay $139 are fantastic and last way longer than this sprayer that is supposedly made for the professional trade. The thing sells for around $500, mine came drop shipped from the manufacturer and worked fine for about 30 gallons. It just never recharged. When I spend $500 for a piece of equipment I expect it to perform as advertised. I had a Mytee portable that I ran for 10 years, it rocked. The three other Mytee portables I bought were never as dependable, probably a warning. I learned my lesson on this piece of shit sprayer and will no longer recommend Mytee to anyone. They are putting out shit and have been for a long time now. Go to any of the auto detailer boards (most not accept advertising dollars) and you will get a clear picture of Mytee's deteerating quality. Thread after thread telling you to hire a full time mechanic if you buy Mytee.

The Dewalt 18 volt lit-ion batteries would last way longer and power the unit. All it has to do is run a small pump.

The $99.00 5 gallon battery sprayers that Harbor Fright sells are better then this Mytee. That's inexcusable.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
randy said:
John LaBarbera said:

Evidently, idiot lights are not adequate. So at Mytee we have been working on some electronic that will solve this problem.

Yep we carpet cleaners are just too stupid for idiot lights

Wait a second, I didn't see that part, did John just call me an idiot along w/ all the others that have issues with his product? Now that is pretty LOW for a manufacturer to publicly offend their own clientele and possibly future clients. We all come here to express our views and possibly get help, but than get bashed?

Still after several posts, not one single reply for your wand holder and QD on the gun that pops off every time you try to get the wand out since it gets stuck in the wand holder. Only one guy mentioned a solution, nothing from the manufacturer, I shouldn't have to make "mods" to the sprayer, it should come straight from the plant w/out problems.

This is not *** where everyone kisses your ass and your bff Rob thinks you're the greatest thing since slice bread. You're products are not indestructible, some lasts better than others and you need to spend time reviewing your clients concerns, maybe if you spent less time making videos, bashing cleaners, but spent more time on R&D, things wouldn't fall apart so quickly & your clients wouldn't have such problems.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
How credible would my opinion or review be if for instance I was telling you that a certain slide in truck mount manufacturer was junk because I failed to service the oil level in the Kohler? Or that Kohler is insulting me because they call the oil level indicator and "dip stick"?

Perhaps you should have built your own sprayer in the first place so you would have only yourself to blame for your choice of componants and how to operate the thing.

Name
John LaBarbera
tmdry said:
randy said:
John LaBarbera said:

Evidently, idiot lights are not adequate. So at Mytee we have been working on some electronic that will solve this problem.

Yep we carpet cleaners are just too stupid for idiot lights

Wait a second, I didn't see that part, did John just call me an idiot along w/ all the others that have issues with his product? Now that is pretty LOW for a manufacturer to publicly offend their own clientele and possibly future clients. We all come here to express our views and possibly get help, but than get bashed?

Still after several posts, not one single reply for your wand holder and QD on the gun that pops off every time you try to get the wand out since it gets stuck in the wand holder. Only one guy mentioned a solution, nothing from the manufacturer, I shouldn't have to make "mods" to the sprayer, it should come straight from the plant w/out problems.

This is not *** where everyone kisses your ass and your bff Rob thinks you're the greatest thing since slice bread. You're products are not indestructible, some lasts better than others and you need to spend time reviewing your clients concerns, maybe if you spent less time making videos, bashing cleaners, but spent more time on R&D, things wouldn't fall apart so quickly & your clients wouldn't have such problems.

Excuse me but if you reread my post I said that "it" (the light) was an "idiot light" not you. That is what they are commonly called, like in a car, as opposed to a gauge, which would probably work better than the light. However, I think the electronics will be better since it will just shut the unit down before damage to the battery is done. Sorry if that expression offended you, that was not the intent, just a poor choice of wording.

As regards the wand issue that some are having, I didn't have a fix at that time, but there was a good suggestion made of switching the connectors. I was thinking of a holster for the wand on the side on the unit. That will take some time to fabricate.

LeeCory

Yes it was a poor choice of wording.

I had to make another sprayer choice again this year and I considered this option. I'm glad I chose something else.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Like John stated the lights are known as idiot lights, I think you guys are taking it too far with the whole - did he just call me an idiot thing.

When li-on batteries first came out for remote control cars and other toys, they didn't have any lights or indicators on them. You would charge them for a specified time and that was it,but there were many people forgetting to unplug them and burning down there house. So they installed " idiot lights" and that is just what they are called aka indicator lights.

LeeCory

I dig what you are saying.

But I have cleaned carpets for some people that my industry would call "cat ladies". However I don't refer to them as such when I correspond with them.

Whether our customers are cat ladies or idiots... we usually keep that to ourselves... lol

C

cucu

LeeCory said:
Whether our customers are cat ladies or idiots... we usually keep that to ourselves... lol

But there are Idoits in this world and some of them on this board, shiteatinggrin

John has done a lot of good for our world , and ragging on him about a pissant problem is a bit much...i own 40 mytee air movers , and a host of other mytee product,s that never gave me a problem. ...

If a sprayer is bringing this much drama to your world ..i,d get a new job , but you where right about a poor choice of wording

John should have said ..i,ll pay you not to buy our products :lol:

LeeCory

cucu said:
LeeCory said:

But there are Idoits in this world and some of them on this board, shiteatinggrin

John has done a lot of good for our world , and ragging on him about a pissant problem is a bit much...i own 40 mytee air movers , and a host of other mytee product,s that never gave me a problem. ...

If a sprayer is bringing this much drama to your world ..i,d get a new job , but you where right about a poor choice of wording

John should have said ..i,ll pay you not to buy our products :lol:

I don't know about you but yes i've had a sprayer bring drama into my life. When the guys come back after a day of working with a sprayer that didn't work properly....

And yes John is an asset to the industry and I intend on purchasing more of his products! I look forward to seeing some of them at Connections!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom