Mytee Big Boss Problem

tim

I have a Big Boss sprayer and have had for a year and a half. I love it, absolutely the best sprayer I have owned for several reasons! I love the 5 gallon capacity, the pump primes easily even when I accidentally run it out of solution, the battery has a long life and it is very dependable. There are things I think could be improved. I have voiced those things and John has been kind enough to aknowledge my concerns. I still think it is superior to the other sprayers on the market. My first sprayer had an issue with the charging unit, Mytee sent me a new sprayer rather than ask me to disassemble the old one!!! That's customer service. Holster could be in a different place, the switch could be on the handle, wheels could be larger to take stairs better and design could be easier to replace the battery etc but is still a great product made by a great company and I am glad I own one!

I don't think the post was about the sprayer being bad. I have a mytee sprayer for 3 years and never a problem. The battery is awesome, and dosen't need upgrading.

The issue was about a guy who bought a new sprayer , and has been having problems with a 1 month old unit. Thus he posted his issue in an atempt to get help, not to bash. The thread turned sour when John posted stuff about idiot lights, as if the issue was tmdry's fault, (He may not have ment it that way). But that fact that many of us love our sprayer dosen't negate the fact that this guy is having issues that need fixing.

Name
John LaBarbera
Padden McFadden said:
I don't think the post was about the sprayer being bad. I have a mytee sprayer for 3 years and never a problem. The battery is awesome, and dosen't need upgrading.

The issue was about a guy who bought a new sprayer , and has been having problems with a 1 month old unit. Thus he posted his issue in an atempt to get help, not to bash. The thread turned sour when John posted stuff about idiot lights, as if the issue was tmdry's fault, (He may not have ment it that way). But that fact that many of us love our sprayer dosen't negate the fact that this guy is having issues that need fixing.

Mytee Customer Service Department was designed for times like that. 858-679-1191 Actually, Step #1 is to go back to the distributor. If they offer no help, in the future, you may want to get a new distributor that will help you.

If you reread the post, all I said was that the idiot (indicator) light was not adequate to prevent the battery from being drained beyond repair, and that Mytee is going to an electronic controller that will prevent that. I offered to upgrade at no cost except freight. No one has responded to the offer. I did not bash anyone, and to conclude I did is, simply, wrong. Now reread the thread and tell me who got bashed and tell me why? Have I ever refused to help anyone?

Bob Foster

LeeCory said:
Foster.... I imagine you wear a bow tie.

You can bet your Funk and Wagnall on it.... and I only wear pressed white underwear with my initials stitched on the waistband in case they get mixed up with someone else after the debate clubs group steam bath !gotcha!

randy

Name
Randy
I called Mytee on Monday on this sprayer issue. I looked over the manual and couldn't really figure out how to remove the battery so I figured I would call customer service. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me either, well not correctly anyway. I was told to remove two screws in the bottom of the sprayer and the battery would slide out. Wrong ! To change out the battery you pretty much have to disassemble the sprayer. The handle comes off (only four bolts) , the tank, and the shroud (two screws and one bolt). Then you will see a bracket that holds the battery in place. That has to come out before you can remove the battery. It takes about 1/2 hour and is a real pain in the ass. Having an extra battery to switch out on the job, forget about it. I paid $39 for the replacement battery and changing it out was a pain,but it's nice to have my brand new sprayer actually working.

The whole sprayer needs to be reworked so you can change out batteries quickly on the job, or it should have the option of operating off a power cord (like the materclean Penguin) so you can finish the job. For $500 this thing should be a better unit.
I have heard several distributors slam mytee for sitting up the Presidential club for select distributors to distribute their new truckmount. My experience with this Mytee purchase perfectly illistrates the need for Mytee to take that route. Many distrubutors don't have the ability to support the end user. I will never deal with this perticular dealer again, and will look for a Presidential club member when I order the Air Hog Plus.

Name
John LaBarbera
I feel your pain when you buy from a dist. that is not in the position to SERVICE what they sell. It gives the manufacturer a bad name and is frustration for the PCC. You are exactly right, that is one of the reasons for the President's Club Distributors. We at Mytee have struggled with this for sometime, actually taking on the responsibilities of the dist. for service. (thus my previous post offering the service from Mytee which was not available from the dist. That offer still stands, the inconvinient part is having to shipped it back to the factory.) This new President's Club program will solve these challenges. In addition to the new ETM, the Prez Club Dist will also have the new TM Booster, and the new Speedster LTD (3 models) along with some more new things coming down the pike.

FYI. Mytee provided the source information on the battery charger to Masterclean. It's the same charger and will run on wall current also.

We are restructuring CS at Mytee so that the CS person provides the service and we will have a tech person who can answer those other type of questions.

randy

Name
Randy
I hear what you're saying John. If every one of your distributors were like where I bought my first Mytee back in I think 1994 , from John McMillan at Stevens & Man janitorial supply life would be much easier for everyone. Remember your first extractors, 2 3stage, heat and 250 psi. That Blue and see through white tank. I bought the first one he got in and ran it for 10-12 years. He was a great dealer and I miss him dearly. Once he passed away his kids killed off the business in 10 months. They spent the first six months "fixing everything that dad did wrong" (and that's just how they said it) and four months liquidating. Sad and pathetic. Personally I think the Presidents club is a great idea. Cleaners need decent distributors and it will raise the bar.

Name
John LaBarbera
randy said:
I hear what you're saying John. If every one of your distributors were like where I bought my first Mytee back in I think 1994 , from John McMillan at Stevens & Man janitorial supply life would be much easier for everyone. Remember your first extractors, 2 3stage, heat and 250 psi. That Blue and see through white tank. I bought the first one he got in and ran it for 10-12 years. He was a great dealer and I miss him dearly. Once he passed away his kids killed off the business in 10 months. They spent the first six months "fixing everything that dad did wrong" (and that's just how they said it) and four months liquidating. Sad and pathetic. Personally I think the Presidents club is a great idea. Cleaners need decent distributors and it will raise the bar.

Thank you for that. Good dist like John McMillan are hard to find, but they are out there.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Is the cleaners depot, In nashville on that list. Chris pond is awesome on these machines

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
John LaBarbera
joeynbgky said:
Is the cleaners depot, In nashville on that list. Chris pond is awesome on these machines

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Ask Belinda, She knows everything

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom