Mytee Fans............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Are these things any good...........

mytee-tradewind-main.jpg

$300.00 and that includes Wheels & Luggage Handle

I just can't believe everyone most are charging separate for those items........

Rex Tyus

I have two airpaths. I have no mytee's. I am curious what makes the airpath 10 times the fan? Is it the motor, blades, air diffuser? Don't get me wrong, I like the airpath, it is well built. But I must say it wasn't nearly as impressive as I was expecting it to be. It is a fan with an air diffuser on it.

TimP

Rex do you use it when you clean carpet much? Or for water damage?

Rex Tyus

Rex do you use it when you clean carpet much? Or for water damage?

As needed. If the situation has a "dry by" deadline.

For top down drying it works well.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Seen the mytee in action at a class I went to, not worth it. Air path is the only way to go. Airpath over sells itself a little but what product doesn't. I like that it doesn't blow anything off the walls.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
But I must say it wasn't nearly as impressive as I was expecting it to be.

Which one are you using? Even though the first DriEaz model is the weak sister of the AP family, it still outperforms any disguised axial fan. The original Studebaker AirPath and the current generation DriEaz AirPath seem to be close to equal, and I'd at least say "five times the fan" for those models.

Rex Tyus

Which one are you using? Even though the first DriEaz model is the weak sister of the AP family, it still outperforms any disguised axial fan. The original Studebaker AirPath and the current generation DriEaz AirPath seem to be close to equal, and I'd at least say "five times the fan" for those models.

Yes. I have the first generation DriEaz model. As I have said, I like it. It is a well built piece of equipment. It was just rather anticlimactic. I would not discourage anyone from purchasing one. I have often read how much superior it is from the
Mytee and Powerflite models. I am just curious what makes the AirPath significantly better.
1)motor quality?
2)Blade quality or design?
3)overall construction?
4)or the air diffuser(available at any HVAC supply) marketed as the second coming?

I am neither a Mytee supporter or detractor. I readily admit I have no Mytee products in my arsenal. Thus no first hand experience so I defer to those that do.

The most impressive picture I have seen on this topic is the one Adam Hale posted a while back(of which many criticized him for being a cheap hack at the time if I recall). I believe he called it the AdamPath.

LOL at Meat. :D

Greenie

To appreciate the Airpath you have to compare it side by side, then it's clear why they hype it, it simply is better.

That said, I thought the Mytee squirrel cage regular air mover was a good value for the dollar, Maybe not for regular restoration work, but for a cleaner to speed dry carpets, it's a good fan, I liked it enough i bought a Pallet of them.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I still don't get how you use an ap in long hallways. The new one stands on it's side like the one pictured but how does it direct forward without taking the baffle off?

Albert

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
A Proper Comparison

The AirPath costs 2 times the amount of the Mytee Tradewind.

The AirPath is 8 amps current draw vs. 2 amps for the Tradewind.

The Airpath is a 2-speed 1 HP motor vs. 1/4 HP.

The Airpath will dry faster with about 2 times the airflow.

The Tradewind is about half the weight (19# vs 38#)

The Tradewind will perform better with taller casters. The first ones they came with were not tall enough.

Make intelligent choices.

Larry Cobb

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all that crap means nothing to me..............

my intelligent choices come from hands on experience.........

straight from the trench of those who use them

Back
Top Bottom